english hsc worth 100% (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
i dont think i am mistaken. But remember there has to be a large difference between your exam and assessment marks. It only works for an individuals advangtage not disadvantage. As i said beforre, it is due to the discrepancies of marking and since 66000 people sit the HSC everyone will be marked the same..
1qaz2wsxokm said:
yes ! A hsc marker is my source! She had a student who was coming 172 in a school which ranked 290 and in the hsc she got 91 exam mark and she now does Arts law..... She was applying for UWS for business n didnt think she would make it due to her poor rank for english! I guess the odds were with me! =P!
You are wrong. And your source is wrong. I have plenty of teachers with HSC marking experience, yet none of them know a thing of how the UAI is calculated. Obviously, neither does this source of yours. And the girl who now does Arts/Law may have done extremely well in other things. As well as that, you have to remember assessment mark and HSC exam mark have equal weighting overall. People with greater experience and knowledge have told you that this thing you have been told is not the case.
If it was true, as you believe it to be, how does it work to everyone's advantage? Take my case for instance. I have a high assessment mark and rank, yet I completely bummed out on both papers. How then would it be to my advantage? It isn't. And that doesn't really matter anyway, because it isn't done the way you say it is.

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
If it was true, as you believe it to be, how does it work to everyone's advantage? Take my case for instance. I have a high assessment mark and rank, yet I completely bummed out on both papers. How then would it be to my advantage? It isn't. And that doesn't really matter anyway, because it isn't done the way you say it is.
That seems to have shut 1qaz2wsxokm up.

1qaz2wsxokm, if you are still confused, speak to Lazarus. He can help you to understand. In the meantime, stop telling those who have HSC experience that you know better. You don't. I'm sure those who have studied first year mathematics like numerical methods and statistics can agree that there is no truth in what you said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)