english hsc worth 100% (1 Viewer)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
hey!

I heard that if there is a large variation between your school assessment mark and exam mark (ie if exam mark is much higher then school mark eg school mark: 79 and exam mark 88) the BOS will half them but the UAI people will take the exam mark and thus your UAI will increase dramatically! I found this out and i was surprised but believable since 66 000 sat the exam and thus the competition is fair and there isnt bias marking or anything of that fashion.

Can someone back this up??

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
Well that is what i've been told due to the discrepancies with the marking from some schools that don't know the syallbus.

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
i dont think i am mistaken. But remember there has to be a large difference between your exam and assessment marks. It only works for an individuals advangtage not disadvantage. As i said beforre, it is due to the discrepancies of marking and since 66000 people sit the HSC everyone will be marked the same..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry, but you are mistaken.

McSo

HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
i dont think i am mistaken. But remember there has to be a large difference between your exam and assessment marks. It only works for an individuals advangtage not disadvantage. As i said beforre, it is due to the discrepancies of marking and since 66000 people sit the HSC everyone will be marked the same..
You versus 3 guys who have HSC experience. Step down faggot.

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
Well thats the awful truth im sorry to say and i'm sure they havent experienced it since they arent on the UAI board.. This doesnt happen often might i add. It in fact rarely happens however, if there is a significant range ie 10 -15% this DOES HAPPEN.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
1qaz2wsxokm said:
Well thats the awful truth im sorry to say and i'm sure they havent experienced it since they arent on the UAI board.. This doesnt happen often might i add. It in fact rarely happens however, if there is a significant range ie 10 -15% this DOES HAPPEN.
acmilan said:
So what's your source then?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
10-15 % isn't a significant difference

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
yes ! A hsc marker is my source! She had a student who was coming 172 in a school which ranked 290 and in the hsc she got 91 exam mark and she now does Arts law..... She was applying for UWS for business n didnt think she would make it due to her poor rank for english! I guess the odds were with me! =P!

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
10- 15 is a huge difference. I mean a 78 to a 91 is a huge difference. You cant be a student who gets 50 (by bludging) and in the exam he gets 90! Thats another issue. It has to be legit...

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
yes ! A hsc marker is my source! She had a student who was coming 172 in a school which ranked 290 and in the hsc she got 91 exam mark and she now does Arts law..... She was applying for UWS for business n didnt think she would make it due to her poor rank for english! I guess the odds were with me! =P!

how does that prove what you say is right ? Firstly being ranked 172/290 doesn't mean that her moderated assessment mark was shit, secondly you english mark isn't the only thing that will get you into arts/law @ UWS

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
nope i am not. But i did say she was 176 in her grade of 200 but ther school rank was 290! And she got into law at UNSW! not UWS! and that requires a high english mark regardless! Let the marks speak for themselves!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
No, it doesnt require a high english mark. It requires a high uai, which is easily attainable without a high english mark. HSC markers have nothing to do with UAC at all. The first person to reply to your post, Lazarus, does have experience

iwannarock

HSC
You guys are all wrong wrong wrong!

the secret ingredient is love!

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
1qaz2wsxokm said:
nope i am not. But i did say she was 176 in her grade of 200 but ther school rank was 290! And she got into law at UNSW! not UWS! and that requires a high english mark regardless! Let the marks speak for themselves!
Let me stress that I am not showing off. But you did say the marks speak for themselves. This is what I got:
- Advanced English 81
- Maths Ext One 83
- Maths Ext Two 79
- Physics 93
- Chemistry 91

In terms of scaled marks, English was my lowest. Yet, I still managed to obtain a UAI of 96.60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)