english extension 2 (1 Viewer)

alax dillon

HSC
hey can i get some peoples ideas for their major works for ext 2?

just wondering what everyone is thinking of doing...

Sharii

HSC
Im doing a short story with a theme of self discoverance. Also thinking about incorporating photos. All you need to do is think of a theme close to you and it will all come to you.

alax dillon

HSC
ext 2 = research.

you can have a brilliant story, but if there's no evidence of research, you'll get a crap mark.

i did a critical on the terrorism literature genre

is research really that necessary?
i was going with breakdown of a marriage and how it progresses over time and stuff but the only research ive needed to do is stuff on like signs of a marriage breakdown and how to avoid it + im going to try and tactfully talk to someone who's experienced a divorce.
sikhman, is it likely to work?

alax dillon

HSC
so what if it seems as though you didnt need much research to actually right the story?

alax dillon

HSC
*write

then you obviously dont understand what's required of the course at this early stage.
thank you (write*)

admittedly our teacher/mentor hasnt really explained that aspect all that much.
how can you incorporate research in the story through a different way? like could accurate setting description be included in that at all or anything?

alax dillon

HSC
you need to research ALL aspects of your work. not just one.

as already stated, research comes in 2 forms - content (so persons living through divorce, accurate settings blahblah) and form (short story, what are the features of it, why you would choose chapters instead of straight text, use of first or third person, use of tense etc)

ah, research of the form. right. that gets included in the reflection statement yeah?

cyndieeeeee

HSC
originality is key :)
evn if its brilliantly written/spoken/film etc if its not originally u wont capure the marker.
make ur actual concept completely unique or different or out there and ur marks will mulitply :)

alax dillon

HSC
I suggest you find some reflection statements and read them, to get an idea of the process involved.

your idea can work - but imo its lacking some originality...

yeah thats what i was worrying about. whether or not i could make it believable or if it would end up being to mills and boon was also another worry.

alax dillon

HSC
wow.
see ive had about three different concepts and at the moment im back to my original concept with a slight change.
how many ideas did you go through?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Im doing a short story with a theme of self discoverance. Also thinking about incorporating photos. All you need to do is think of a theme close to you and it will all come to you.
Discovery?

You're doing Ext 2? This is not a good sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)