English Essay Response to Quote ??? How to respond? (1 Viewer)

golden-touch

HSC
Hi everyone,

I have an prelim English essay exam in week 2 and it requires us to respond to a question, where they discuss a quote from our studied text.

Im really confused on how to write a practice/generic essay so that i could practice adapting it to different questions. How do i respond to a question which talks about a quote?? How do i structure it??

If anyone can provide examples it would be great.

Thanks

hschelper01

HSC
The first thing to do is dissect the quote and identify what it's asking - I would ask myself "In this essay I must.......(re-word quote/question in your own words.....)".

Then, the biggest piece of advice I would give is to write your prepared essay and adapt it to the quote/question in the 'LINK' statement/s of your paragraph (this is at the end of the paragraph).

The structure depends on how much your willing to write and what themes you'll be converting - what's the text you're studying?

golden-touch

HSC
The first thing to do is dissect the quote and identify what it's asking - I would ask myself "In this essay I must.......(re-word quote/question in your own words.....)".

Then, the biggest piece of advice I would give is to write your prepared essay and adapt it to the quote/question in the 'LINK' statement/s of your paragraph (this is at the end of the paragraph).

The structure depends on how much your willing to write and what themes you'll be converting - what's the text you're studying?
great gatsby.

i get what you mean. would you be able to provide any sample introductions as i dont understand how i develop my thesis using the quote and if i quote it word for word in my intro or something?

hammad78

HSC
Hi There, i know this is probably already outdated but you sat for Normanhurst Year 11 entry test last year. Would you be able to give me a bit of detail on what Maths and English tests were like? All other supporting material that you submitted? Also did you get in and may be what worked and what didnt? Would love to have a quick chat as well if you jave a few minutes? 041343 1399
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)