English at James Ruse (1 Viewer)

overenthusiasticsis

HSC
N/A
Hi,
My younger brother is starting Year 7 at James Ruse next year. True to my username, I'm just wondering from students who've recently been through Year 7 at Ruse what texts are covered at the school for English. Texts and also their respective modules/topics over the year would be highly appreciated.
Also just looking for any further insight into English teaching, content and assessments at James Ruse from any current or recent past students. :)

Thanks in advance. :)

Forenza

HSC
Hey! So I'm at Ruse right now.
For Shakespeare, we did Midsummers Night Dream and the film that we analyzed was "Up"(This was not an assessed topic rather just getting used to filming techniques). I don't remember a major essay or assessment. The Shakespeare assessment is more like a drama assignment. It had a reflection and everything. I'm not sure if the English teachers changed it but I did "Don't Call me Ishmael" for our Novel study. Nothing stressful. I hope this helped.

newbeat

HSC
N/A
Hey! So I'm at Ruse right now.
For Shakespeare, we did Midsummers Night Dream and the film that we analyzed was "Up"(This was not an assessed topic rather just getting used to filming techniques). I don't remember a major essay or assessment. The Shakespeare assessment is more like a drama assignment. It had a reflection and everything. I'm not sure if the English teachers changed it but I did "Don't Call me Ishmael" for our Novel study. Nothing stressful. I hope this helped.
@Forenza can I please send you a PM, I am a Mum here whose child is in Year 7 in one of the top 4 selective school however need some assistance from a recent JR student with some questions I have. Hope you will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)