english and eco chats (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
Theres just no substitute for essay plans. They give you practice. Even I had many stats before but, I would be confronted when I saw a q and it wouldn't help. But, by writing multiple essay plans you get to sharpen your bodies as they overlap a lot in many other questions.

Also essay plans kinda force you to find three specific points + real world examples + make you do topic sentences etc...
i’ll bet you that i get a band 6 using my method

uniqueusername1

HSC
For essays hopefully nothing on distribution of income and wealth and monetary policy lol 😝 hbu?
bro monetary is goated. Talk about quantitative easing to take it to the next level, low yield curve...all the juices.

Na for me its trends. They are dry asf. Also impacts of global income and wealth inequality is deadly (i don't even have 3 impacts lol).

GoldenMelon

HSC
bro monetary is goated. Talk about quantitative easing to take it to the next level, low yield curve...all the juices.

Na for me its trends. They are dry asf. Also impacts of global income and wealth inequality is deadly (i don't even have 3 impacts lol).
I don’t mind trends, but I just have no idea what to talk about for monetary policy lol help me😭😭I only know forward guidance and the reform of the CR corridor

Yeah a global income and wealthy inequality question would be annoying

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
ya its the easiest one cuz theres so much info. actually im learning things rn for the hsc from china specifically about housing and evergrande
Yee that makes sense. I'm worried that china might be too oversatured because everyone's doing it but it feels like a double edged sword because in the same regards there's a lot of information out there.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I don’t mind trends, but I just have no idea what to talk about for monetary policy lol help me😭😭I only know forward guidance and the reform of the CR corridor

lol just analyse it. Theres so many limitations for monetary. Talk about the different channels of transmission mechanism as well. Make sure you have some examples on contractionary monetary as well.

Hiheyhello

HSC

with monetary, i’d link it to employment, inflation, aggregate supply, income inequality and external stability.
also start with a paragraph on how it works like DMOs and stuff

uniqueusername1

HSC
with monetary, you can link it to employment, inflation, aggregate supply, income inequality and external stability.
income inequality? Thats not really a primary objective but, I guess you could stretch it.

Hiheyhello

HSC
income inequality? Thats not really a primary objective but, I guess you could stretch it.
high growth —> high IRs —> ppl with a high MPC lose a considerable amount of purchasing power and don’t reap benefits associated with earnings on savings. this can lead to increased govt costs on welfare which counter productively offsets the RBA’s tightening stance

ummmmmmm

actually yeah, ur right it’s a stretch like idk what else to say

but i feel like it would work if the question was double baralled like “what are the effects of MP on growth/govt”
then you could link the MP induced inequality to that second aspect of the question…

then again i’m making this all up as i go

GoldenMelon

HSC
with monetary, i’d link it to employment, inflation, aggregate supply, income inequality and external stability.
DMOs? Isn’t that outdated?

uniqueusername1

HSC
high growth —> high IRs —> ppl with a high MPC lose a considerable amount of purchasing power and don’t reap benefits associated with earnings on savings. this can lead to increased govt costs on welfare which counter productively offsets the RBA’s tightening stance

ummmmmmm

actually yeah, ur right it’s a stretch like idk what else to say

but i feel like it would work if the question was double baralled like “what are the effects of MP on growth/govt”
then you could link the MP induced inequality to that second aspect of the question…

then again i’m making this all up as i go
na I would avoid that lol. Just focus on price stability, eg and full employment. I don't really like monetary for external stability as well. Cause the RBA never has and probs never will engage in contractionary mp just to specifically reduce the CAD.

notme123

HSC
DMOs? Isn’t that outdated?
no repurchasing agreements are still a thing theyre used to maintain the cash rate at the target. beleive it or not the current 'cash rate' is at around 0.02%, only the 'cash rate TARGET' is at 0.1%. this is cuz rbas done a lot of reverse repos

notme123

HSC
na I would avoid that lol. Just focus on price stability, eg and full employment. I don't really like monetary for external stability as well. Cause the RBA never has and probs never will engage in contractionary mp just to specifically reduce the CAD.
you talk more about exchange rates, qe and transmission mechs on trade for exstab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)