English Advanced Paper 2 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
All the best everyone doing Advanced English for tomorrows paper.

Discuss your thoughts on how you found the exam. Was it better than Paper 1, maybe harder?

Good luck!

Hithcock

HSC
Decent but rushed mod c, I think mod c will drag my overall mark down a lot

StudyOnly

HSC
Better than Paper 1, but I can never tell how I did.... so let's wait and see.... Hoping for B5 though
Also GLAD THAT ENGLISH IS DONE!!!!!!!!

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Do you think it's OK if I also used the excerpt as a stimulus :/ for Mod C

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Hope so, I did the same because I wrote a discursive...
did it say continue from the excerpt?
It did - I did continue it but I also referred to it as a stimulus in my reflection. My gosh.

lucyfitz

HSC
Well I feel more confident than I did in paper 1! I feel GREAT about Mod C :) I'm actually proud because I think my marks in that will be good enough to pull me up a bit, really happy with what I wrote. Mod A I feel pretty okay about, not fantastic but not bad! I was surprised we were asked to do an essay for that. Mod B though? Ehhhhhhh... The stimulus for King Henry IV Part 1 threw me off a bit honestly... Comedy? I wasn't super prepared for that lol, but I can see the marking of Mod B go either way for me. Overall I'm relatively content.

StudyOnly

HSC
It did - I did continue it but I also referred to it as a stimulus in my reflection. My gosh.
Ohhhh crappp
Hope they won't be too harsh......
Did you even have to refer to it for part b, because it asked you to explain something about emotive language iirc

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Ohhhh crappp
Hope they won't be too harsh......
Did you even have to refer to it for part b, because it asked you to explain something about emotive language iirc
That is true. But since I also used it as a stimulus....I explained how it connected....

My god.

De.Broigle

HSC
I am of the opinion that it was a great paper. One reasonably straight forward question in Mod A. One specific and more difficult question in Mod B (As expected.) Mod C was straight forward but you actually had to write a piece on your feet rather then re writing and compare in the reflection. Overall, good job exam writers. A paper which I think should set the standard from now.

StudyOnly

HSC
That is true. But since I also used it as a stimulus....I explained how it connected....

My god.
I think you'll be fine since you continued from it, and I reckon it's fine to talk about its connection in part b)
Meanwhile.......I didn't continue from it........🤬

ABBAS38

HSC
Overall was much better then paper 1 but had to rush my reflection. Overall managed my time well. So happy english is over, I never have to watch a film or read a book worrying about techniques and shitty analysis

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone remember the actual question for mod c (advanced)? Lots of people seem to be worrying that they didn't add titles but I though we were continuing the excerpt and thus did not need a title (not to mention I didn't even know we generally need title in the first place)?

ABBAS38

HSC
Anyone remember the actual question for mod c (advanced)? Lots of people seem to be worrying that they didn't add titles but I though we were continuing the excerpt and thus did not need a title (not to mention I didn't even know we generally need title in the first place)?
I added my title like similar to spotty handed my prescribed text but my point was I added it in my discursive as a speech after I referred to the book in the excerpt that alters the man as the title of mine so bullshitted it to get it like my prepared response lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)