Engineering studies predictions (1 Viewer)

fuzi

HSC
Some stupid obscure AS1100 stuff. Excessive drawings. Super specific questions about material properties.
If you want harder drawing practice questions, definitely go into the older HSC questions. In my experience all the recent ones are so much easier compared to the older ones, could be good practice :)

Vall

HSC
If you want harder drawing practice questions, definitely go into the older HSC questions. In my experience all the recent ones are so much easier compared to the older ones, could be good practice :)
hopefully the trend continues this year 🙏

HSC
What kind of mechanics questions do you think will be this year? And also what module will the materials have an emphasis on like telecommunications, aeronautical etc.

avicidal

HSC
What kind of mechanics questions do you think will be this year? And also what module will the materials have an emphasis on like telecommunications, aeronautical etc.
Definitely some big complicated truss question with bending moment and shear force diagram and a plane question. Idk if nesa would pull a weird moment question like they did in 2018 with the fidget spinner

MJRey

HSC
I hate true lengths, although it's entirely possible. They might include shear force and bending moment diagrams this year, and they could have random questions on obscure historical developments.

Aroo($)

HSC
Any suggestions on what to revise night before? I am not confident with anything.😞

fuzi

HSC
Any suggestions on what to revise night before? I am not confident with anything.😞
If you have time, make sure you know your drawing and calculations stuff. Calculations especially can be quite straightforward but make up considerable marks of the exam in my experience. In terms of stuff to memorise/remember, I guess things like steel microstructures would be good?

There is a fair bit of content to know, but keep in mind the exam isn't just a product of your preparation in the weeks up to the exam, its all your learned skills and knowledge experience over these past two years. Even if you don't feel confident, which I completely understand, it's a scary thing for me too, just remember that you probably know more and can do more than you think you do, so good luck! You've got this :)

avicidal

HSC
If you have time, make sure you know your drawing and calculations stuff. Calculations especially can be quite straightforward but make up considerable marks of the exam in my experience. In terms of stuff to memorise/remember, I guess things like steel microstructures would be good?

There is a fair bit of content to know, but keep in mind the exam isn't just a product of your preparation in the weeks up to the exam, its all your learned skills and knowledge experience over these past two years. Even if you don't feel confident, which I completely understand, it's a scary thing for me too, just remember that you probably know more and can do more than you think you do, so good luck! You've got this :)
excellent advice, anyway just remember that there are also the other 2500 of us that would be absolutely bewildered to the bullshit that nesa could have came up for this subject

MJRey

HSC
I think they should seriously improve the course for Engineering (it's too late for us but for future students) because I hate how unpredictable it is most of the time. The syllabus is terrible, and the way that some textbooks go into more depth than others is shocking.
Anyway, all we can do is do our best and see how it all pans out. Good luck everyone!

avicidal

HSC
I think they should seriously improve the course for Engineering (it's too late for us but for future students) because I hate how unpredictable it is most of the time. The syllabus is terrible, and the way that some textbooks go into more depth than others is shocking.
Anyway, all we can do is do our best and see how it all pans out. Good luck everyone!
oh yeah definetly, like holy shit the absolute most random and minute shit can be tested, like some obscure steam train part or something, and dont even start on the bolts and nuts, i already forgotten the dimensions for them. like idk how the bolt dimensions are not on the reference sheet, but the logic gates are

MJRey

HSC
oh yeah definetly, like holy shit the absolute most random and minute shit can be tested, like some obscure steam train part or something, and dont even start on the bolts and nuts, i already forgotten the dimensions for them. like idk how the bolt dimensions are not on the reference sheet, but the logic gates are
Literally same. I regret picking it in the first place, but it'll be over soon. Just hang in there!

4nemnig

HSC
0.7, 1.8, 1.6, 0.8, 0.25
Bolts, nuts, washer
Thats how i remember it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)