Eng Adv Paper 2 Predictions (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I agree being prepared for all poems isn't a bad thing, but if they asked a specific poem without providing the extract it would be an unfair disadvantage in comparison who only did on text for mod B, so it's unlikely they'll do that
fax

may22

HSC
NESA chuckling in the corner having extracts for mod a and b (jokes hopefully)
I don't think you understand the migraine I just got from that....

Is it bad that I think neither will have extracts, but that Mod B will be a specific question, not broad?

x___y

HSC
if they do give us an extract for mod b, eg like a piece from rhapsody, u reckon they'll mark us down for not talking about rhapsody specifically and instead using the idea of the quote and relating it to like prufrock. basically, do we need to use the extract they give us?

busterlenman

HSC
if they do give us an extract for mod b, eg like a piece from rhapsody, u reckon they'll mark us down for not talking about rhapsody specifically and instead using the idea of the quote and relating it to like prufrock. basically, do we need to use the extract they give us?
Based on how the extract questions were framed in the past two years I'd say you'd definitely need to include them in order to fully answer the question

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Yh. You would defs have to use the extract cos that counts as engagement with the question. But I am not sure if it specifically implies that you have to discuss that poem in particular or simply draw references. Probably safer to discuss the poem they give in the extract

Auzendriel

HSC
I don't think you understand the migraine I just got from that....

Is it bad that I think neither will have extracts, but that Mod B will be a specific question, not broad?
I feel the same as you tbh

whatdoiputhere

HSC
King Henry is fine if they give an extract on literally any Plath poem im deadge

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
also if they say continue with the story, we can treat the stimulus as the introduction right in the case of an imaginative?

calico_

HSC
do u think they'll have the "Choose a character, persona or speaker from ONE prescribed text that you have studied" for mod c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)