EE1 Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
question 3 for Crime was a bit dodgy..

theyre gonna get a lot of unstructured drivel to mark.. not the best test of ur knowledge of the genre..

HSC
N/A
the first genre question was solid, gave all candidates the opportunity to get some marks, and the better people to show what they knew, Creative for RT was a bit whack, but it was okay. i thought it was easier than last years paper.

got a question for that crime q3, creative
one... i did it for big sleep, character vivien BUT wrote from the perspective of lauren bacall, the actress who PLAYED the character. ie, lauren telling hawks that she thinks vivien should have been portrayed more in this light, or that the plot should have gone this way, etc. is that too risky? cos it's not specifically the 'character'... lol i also signed it 'viv' so they'll b completely confused anyway.

HSC
N/A
i dont think its too risky, but i do RT so im not really sure. bu im sure a marker who has done tons of papers will be glad to see some unique variations!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, it's possibly risky but it is creative, and different

i thought it was a good exam, i did ishmael from snow falling on cedars

Leanne

HSC
i was preparing mself for sumthing really difficult...but it wasnt too bad.....i found the art exam to be harder believe it or not!!!

Charlie

i did ishmael too. i think he ended up really psychopathic though. i started talking about how he wouldnt have saved kabuo coz he still loves hatsue and isnt as marally absolutist as gutterson made him out to be, or as pansy! i got really caried away into nowhere land. what the hell were we supposed to be writing bout. i went off on a tangent talking about anything i could think aabout.

but i really dont care anymore. i had 2wks since my last exam and have done absolutely nothing. does anyone else feel like finishing the hs is no where near as good as they were expecting. i mean, its a real anti climax. what are u all doing with urselvesd now?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I did Inspector Hound and made him an angry chap at Tom Stoppard (he was addressing him throughout), how he made him look like a fool and stuff, when he was really a hardboiled detective and I rattled off the conventions of that it a creative way. It was so fun!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Mind you it made me wonder a bit when one of the girls in my class came out and asked in all seriousness 'what the hell is a reflection?'. Shes a friggen ext 2 student and she asked that question. I really wanted to punch her....

smeyo

yeah the creative for crime fiction was odd, but for me it was better than full creative, cause thats my weakness, but really it was right, i kind of ran out f idea to write about on the 3 page and made another 4 pages of crap up... overall it was a good exam and could have been much worse....like conversation between two on validilty of genre....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by smeyo
yeah the creative for crime fiction was odd, but for me it was better than full creative, cause thats my weakness, but really it was right, i kind of ran out f idea to write about on the 3 page and made another 4 pages of crap up... overall it was a good exam and could have been much worse....like conversation between two on validilty of genre....
haha same

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I was just really hoping there wouldn't be an interview cos I hate interviews and I was lucky!!

swangal

i thought it was pretty good exam- genre question was sorta expected but creative writin 4 crime fiction freaked me out at first but was alright once i got into it.
i was ishmael from SFOC n sed how hes sik of being the cry baby detective of the genre- always whinging bout hatsue n stuff in the book n how he wanted guterson to write a hard boiled sleuth thriller so he could be all violent n stuff like Marlowe n co are.
pretty dodgy but o well - ITS OVER!

Timmo

mrs drudge

I did crime and used Mrs Drudge from Inspector Hound...she was mad coz she pretty much illustrated every convention - isolation from the world, drawing room, red herrings, etc-she was like the convention machine...in my thing, she said "He's turned me into an information booth for the crime fiction world!" Thought id try and entertain the reader..hope it works...as for the 1st q, i thought it was great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)