ecumenical development (1 Viewer)

joey_1234

HSC
just wondering what everyone wrote for the short answer question on the ecumenical development in Aus. Christinity?

golferjim

HSC
I wrote about Australian Christian Churches coming together in times of crisis and tragedy such as for the East Timorese people when we were helping them become independent

Senator04

HSC
N/A
I talked about the formation of the Uniting Church, that seemed to be the obvious answer.

nattylee

HSC
i talked about the uniting church. i think most ppl at my skool did too...it seemed a little too obvious though, but im sure they cant mark u wrong for it (i hope!) *crosses fingers*!

joey_1234

HSC
i wrote about the formation of the National council of Churches... i think that was ecumenical??

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
yep.. i accounted for the creation of the national council of churches..
my teacher said that was right, but it was so broad ... the uniting church response was also very common, also correct

NeRdY

HSC
Yeah me 2. I wrote about the National Council of Churches (NCCA) which is i am happy to say was an ecumenical development.

take that RE! who says studying at 12 in the night doesnt pay off!!!

jen23

hmm.. mine was a bit left field.. i wrote about the creation of the australian hyme book. hahaha, our teacher said it was right.. i just dont know if i wrote 6 marks worth or not!

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
i tried to do uniting, but i only knew the date and the churches (i thought it would just be multichoice) so i crossed it out and wrote bout the Two Bishops Trust....its an org up here in newie formed by Catholic Bishope Michael Malone and Anglican Bishop Roger Herft. lol. it was just in my mind, and i could remember thier current fundraiser too, the marker mite have to research it tho. lol
see, i got it all rite,

cept i said it was in 2000 not 98, tho i had a feeling it WAS 98

Last edited:

nomz

i did the uniting church also, but i didn't actually "account" for it as the question asked. Mine was n\more about what churches were involved and stuff- the more i think about it the more i realise i so screwed this exam

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i think the main trap with that question was the 'account' bit. NCCA, uniting church, all that jazz would be fine, as long as you had reasons for formation. which of course, you could have considered 'creative writing'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)