Early Entry - University of Canberra - 2014 (1 Viewer)

The Boomstick

HSC
G'day guys just a general discussion on early entry to UC. Share information/dates of relevance.

N

nbeuman

I went for early entry for Sports Media just before doing the HSC in 2011. All I needed was the principals signature and I was in. No written reference or anything needed. Found out a couple of week after the HSC that I got in based solely on the signature. Makes me wonder what all the stress and hours and hours of studying was all for haha.

I have only spoken to a few people about early entry at UC because I'm not from Canberra but everyone I have spoken to that applied got in off that signature. Well worth a try. Shame they don't tell you before hand though.

xxXwittyXxx

HSC
So what qualifications do you basically need for early entry to UC. A principles signature just sounds too easy haha.
As I am in NSW but am taking every opportunity to get into University as I possibly can.
I am very interested in this.

N

nbeuman

Unless they have changed it in the last two years, it is seriously as easy as that. From memory there is some form you fill out, get your principle to sign it and put the school stamp on the box, send it away and your pretty much in. As I said, I don't know of anyone who put in an application and got turned down. Well worth a try.

I moved down to Canberra from Wollongong in Semester 1 last year, lasted a semester and absolutely hated it, so I moved back to Wollongong. I now just group all my tutes into two (max three although I always try for two) days and just stay the night and travel back. It's a massive pain but it beats living in Canberra in my opinion. SO much cheaper as well.

Don't let that turn you off though haha. I speak to other people down there and they like it.

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I got in to UC through early entry and deferred, currently in my first year now and absolutely love it! And just as everyone else has said, it was that easy, but the course you want early entry to needs to be your first preference.

wcc123

HSC
I'll be applying for Early entry into a B of Design for next year. Hoping for the best, Preparing for the worst!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)