Drama Exam - thoughts/reflections. (1 Viewer)

Leif Erikson

HSC
Ahahahahahahahaha. That was THE worst exam of all time.

Seriously bad questions for the Brecht and Australian. My god, the Board of Studies should be ashamed of themselves.

ashimation

HSC
Actually I thought they were rather good questions (I do/did Brecht and Contempory Aus. Theatre). Brecht was good because duh, of course its still going to be relevant because he tried to make his ideas have universiality. The statements were pretty easy to relate to what you knew and were broad enough to allow room for your own 'slant'.

It's been my best exam so far...

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
I thought it was really really good actually lol

Weird concept with the Australian Theatre being Dull though..... DULL!!??? What the?? Yeah really dull and boring!! Aboriginals being treated unjustly and performers giving VERY powerful messages and lost non existant children with parents going crazy. Yeah real YAWN factor there!!

Lauren

tranquilspoons

HSC
It wasnt too bad i guess. Although i wasnt a fan on the Brecht question. I wrote almost 12 pages for Australian Contemporary theatre and almost 7 for brecht. I suck.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it was a good exam. well in comparison to English anything looks good now. but seriously, the questions were not that hard, its just the way they were worded that made them slightly wtf on the first reading.

although does anyone else have this happen to them: i get really sorta panicked before reading time, stressing about what the questions will be... and then because of that when i turn the paper over no matter what they ask i always have to read it several times until i de stress enough to understand it. seriously, they could say "write the alphabet" as a question and in my state of panic i would go "huh?? whats that mean?" and have to read it again. it makes me feel like a tard sometimes with ppl going OMG that was sooo easy, and i dont want to say i had to read it ten times :eek: lol.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Yeah, the questions themselves weren't too bad... it was just my answers. I knew they sucked terribly. *sobsob*

I still managed to write 12 pages for Cont. Aus ('The statement that Aussie drama ideas are DULL is not entirely true... it's a combination of interesting ideas, and great visual thingymabobby, that makes plays ummm interesting! TAKE THAT BOS!!!) and 10 pages for Irish... woot for being a bullshit artist, albeit a bad one. T_T

treesblack

HSC
I don't know how you people write that much. I was flat out for the entire time and i only wrote 7 for each. i thought the contemp Aus one was ok, didn't really understand the dull statement either. I did Amercian drama for my other one and also thought it was pretty easy. by far the best exam that i've done and will probably do for the whole HSC. only 3 more to go.

blueyez

HSC
did you guys have a prepared essay or just notes for the exam?

i had two prepared essays and adapted them to the questions on the day. the brecht one was ok. the australian one was wierd i was half agreeing with the statement and half arguing against it.

Keith Adrian

HSC
question one on australia was OK, but there is only so much you can write for against something being dull, but question 2 on irish theatre was a bitch.. seriously... writing about something being passionately and theatrically irish when for three quarters of the play they never leave the one room... only one play had dancing in it so you could write about theatrical... but being typically irish its like... yeah they did irishj dancing to irish music..... thats about it

H.A.L.

HSC
Brecht question should have been easily predicted. It was from a new dot-point in the syllabus inserted 'THIS YEAR', if you teacher didn't prepare you for that then they should be taken to the back paddock and shot. Its a new dot-point in an overused syllabus, why else would they include it if they didn't intend to use it for the exams? And if you saw the STC's production of Mother Courage then you should have been sweet, but I understand if you didn't because Brecht can be long and so dam boring.

Australian drama, well who cares about that now. But saying that it was 'Dull' was just asking to get a whole load of negative responses on how crap Australian plays are, not that I did that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
blueyez said:
did you guys have a prepared essay or just notes for the exam?

i had two prepared essays and adapted them to the questions on the day. the brecht one was ok. the australian one was wierd i was half agreeing with the statement and half arguing against it.
yeah i had prepared essays, i find it helps me to structure my responses when writing in exams, i have a logical sequence of ideas mapped out it my head. it really helped for australian; not so much for american - because all my practice responses had treated context as a secondary/background influence to the expressionist and symbolist techniques and why they were employed...whereas the question was really focused the other way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)