Does anyone regret attending the school that they attended? (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
Purely out of curiosity... Many will say that if it wasn't for the school, they wouldn't know the people in which they now call their friend(s). I have to agree with that, however, in order to respond to this question appropriately, the notion of friends will have to be placed aside.

In my situation, the more I think about it, the more disgusted I am...

boganxcore

HSC
yeah sorta. like i regret not trying for selective schools in my area like hurlstone etc. but im thankful that i've met some great people at my school so yeah, i dont know. i regret it but i dont.

5233andy

HSC
I must admit that some of my teachers could only be described as saints... They were always keen to help and I cannot be grateful enough. However, good always comes with bad and some of the teachers who I've experienced... well... the class average explains itself.

5233andy

HSC
well not because of my friends, because of the facilities provided and the shit teachers.
Yeah, facilities as well... some schools have lecture theatres... Where was mine? A non rickety table without engraved phallic emblems would've also been great.

5233andy

HSC
Oh and I also regret not attending an independent school... definitely...

HSC
although its not THAT highly ranked i dont regret it one bit.
even though i do complain about my school. looking at the other schools in this area, my school's the best lol.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
If I went to a selective school, I don't think I would have been able to receive the scholarship I did. So although I somewhat regret not attending a selective school, I would have had less university opportunities as a result.

Also, I think attending an average public school has made me more self-motivated, as I never could rely heavily on teachers for my learning.

Last edited:

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah sorta. like i regret not trying for selective schools in my area like hurlstone etc. but im thankful that i've met some great people at my school so yeah, i dont know. i regret it but i dont.
+1

i regret not trying out for selective at the end of year 7. i reckon i could've made it in because i had a very good report and i won about 6 or 7 achievement awards. without a doubt, attending a different school would've given me better access to resources and potentially better marks, and better subject choices

but in saying that, i'm at the top or close to the top for most of my courses because i'm at the school i'm at. if i had moved schools, i don't think my passion for history and the social sciences would be as strong.

there are about 3 or 4 teachers that i'm glad and grateful to have been taught by. because of my commerce/business studies teacher, history teacher and an awesome substitute teacher, i have decided to end up doing teaching one day

absorber

HSC
no, but I'll always wonder if I could've done better elsewhere

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
no, my school is awesome :)
NSB sucks balls. :) :) :) :)

Um, I missed out on Ruse in the Selective test by a few marks or whatever, and hence, I landed in my second choice, Sydney High. But, I don't regret having landed there, it's an awesome school, and I've made heaps of friends that I will hopefully keep for life. :)

swathard

HSC
NSB sucks balls. :) :) :) :)

Um, I missed out on Ruse in the Selective test by a few marks or whatever, and hence, I landed in my second choice, Sydney High. But, I don't regret having landed there, it's an awesome school, and I've made heaps of friends that I will hopefully keep for life. :)
Nope not at all. First and only option for the Selective Test was Sydney Tech - it was there, or my local high school. Didn't want to have to travel for 2 hours to get to and from school. Made it into Tech, don't regret it. Have made awesome friends, like Aerath, that I am sure I will keep for life! =]

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Absolutely not.
See even though it's not exactly a high ranking school or whatever, it was still a great place to go. I changed schools at the beginning of year 11 in order to be able to take Music 1 (because it was originally not going to run at my school) and for the whole week and a half I was there I hated it. So I made the decision to go to back to my original school and I believe it was definitely the wisest choice. I think that at any other school I would not have been able to do half as well as I did this year (and they actually did end up running Music 1 for two students as well).
I feel that the most important thing is to be in an environment where you feel supported by your friends and teachers.

PH011

HSC
had to choose between HAHS and FSHS...
chose FSHS... oh well, still awesome...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)