• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i do general..
1) it is an entirely different course
but
2) yes, it is a lot 'easier' than 2u (which i did for prelim)

but its like a standard english kid saying that an EE2 person would fail the standard paper..well that is probably true, but you forget they dont study the same texts!

ya gotta compare apples with apples, not apples with oranges.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
im not insulting you, but you are just further proving my point.

"General math is an entirely different course. It's not just a "lower level" of mathematics"

this is a perfect example of what i am saying, general math is a lower level than 2 unit. i have no problems with people doing it what so ever, but if someone does it, they should at least admit to themselves that it is a lower form of maths.

no they are not dumber then anyone, they are just not as good as maths as the typical 2,3,4 uniter, yet for some reason you are trying to say that you are just as good as them by 'convincing' everyone that general is in fact hard.

the only person you are trying to convince is yourself.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca

i beileve that someone is an underachiever if they take up an easy subject and then (as seen in the above posts) try to conince themselves that a smarter 4 uniter would fail their subject, as i said that is just trying to boost their low self confidence by means of using blatent stupidity.
Dude, no need to spill your stress or anger over general maths people

As i said above

MAJORITY of the people doing 4u are Asians rite? yes

1) Lack of English
2) Forgot how to do these simple questions

Are the only reasons they can fail

BUT i agree how can these people compare to 4u people :D :rolleyes:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
sorry, I wasn't referring to you insulting me, but to the post after yours.

I've never thought of myself as as good at math as a 4 uniter. I admit that I'm nowhere near as good at math as they are. I'm just not a math person, whereas they might not be english people. I know general is easier, but my point is is that it's also a different course, which means it's not just a simplified version of 2/3/4 unit work, it has different topics altogether.

If someone doing general says that they think it is hard, then it is hard! it's different for different people. Of course 2u people will say that it's easy, but for someone weaker at math it's not "stupid" to find it difficult

Last edited:

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
well now we are on the same wavelength.

i just found it absolutely ridiculous that a 4 uniter could fail general, and i know exactly why these comments get started (to try cure someones deep selfconfidence issues)

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ok, this isn't meant to be a nasty comment, but If it is indeed a self confidence issue, then 2u people coming in here and telling them that they're stupid for finding general hard aren't exactly helping their self confidence, I hope you realise. I can't believe That one comment about 4u people failing general sparked so much hatred

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
hahahaha its not called hatred, i dont even fit into the category of a general or 4 uniter.

i just find peoples little antics funny, and crazyhobo, well as his name suggests, hes just a tool with a very subtle sense of humour :p

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah, quite ironic how a comment about being above the slums was made by someone called "hobo"
And it wasn't funny...

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Lundy
Yeah, quite ironic how a comment about being above the slums was made by someone called "hobo"
And it wasn't funny...
Ironic how someone called 'lundy' is an alcoholic, forced to live on catfood.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hey mate, i was the one who posted the 4u thing, and no, i didn't say it to make myself feel better or anything like that - it seriously was something my 2u teacher said, and i was merely posting what he'd said :p i'm not saying that a 4u person will DEFINITELY fail gen maths, or that they'll do exceptionally bad at it... but we do learn different things. i'm sorry that what i posted caused all this, lol...

i really do admire 2, 3 and 4u people because i know how hard it is, since i started out in 2u. no way am i saying that general is "harder" those courses, but i don't think you should call us "underachievers" just because we do general maths. people are good at different things - and i'm not saying that to make us feel better, either.

i agree with hipsta_jess :)
anyway, GOOD LUCK!

hec

i think that all you 2/3/4/unit people that somehow believe you are more intelligent than general people should get over yourselves and piss off back to your own froum with the "smarter" people who are probably social retards and cant even speak english.

the fact that you're in our forum in the first place is sad enough and suggests that you really have nothing better to do than demoralise those who dont have the same knack for maths as you do. half of us "generals" could probably whip your arse in any other subject- i know for a fact that i ranked higher than just about all of the 4 unit people at my school in every one of my other subjects

i understand that general is an easier subject but its also a totally different subject- i was doing better in 2 unit than i am doing now in general- that just goes to show that its a completely different subject and im sure many 2/3/4/ units would find it difficult to get 100% despite how hightly you seem to think of your're abilities- general should never be compared to other levels and those ignorant, arrogant losers out there such as yourselves should stop trying to boost your own confidence by putting down others:rolleyes: im just waiting for the say when i can tell everyone that i did general maths but still achieved a higher UAI than somebody who did 4 unit:D

crazyhobo

Originally posted by hec
i think that all you 2/3/4/unit people that somehow believe you are more intelligent than general people should get over yourselves and piss off back to your own froum with the "smarter" people who are probably social retards and cant even speak english.

the fact that you're in our forum in the first place is sad enough and suggests that you really have nothing better to do than demoralise those who dont have the same knack for maths as you do. half of us "generals" could probably whip your arse in any other subject- i know for a fact that i ranked higher than just about all of the 4 unit people at my school in every one of my other subjects

i understand that general is an easier subject but its also a totally different subject- i was doing better in 2 unit than i am doing now in general- that just goes to show that its a completely different subject and im sure many 2/3/4/ units would find it difficult to get 100% despite how hightly you seem to think of your're abilities- general should never be compared to other levels and those ignorant, arrogant losers out there such as yourselves should stop trying to boost your own confidence by putting down others:rolleyes: im just waiting for the say when i can tell everyone that i did general maths but still achieved a higher UAI than somebody who did 4 unit:D

Wow, there must be 250 words in there. I hope that didn't hurt your brain too much when you wrote it.

Yes, I'm sure you outranked all those dumb 4 unit students. But you see, it doesn't actually count when you are not doing the same subjects as they are. While you are probably topping all those subjects you are 'studying', like standard english, textiles, art drama and, of course, general english the smart people are doing real subjects.

And I think you have, in your infinite wisdom, actually missed the point. We are not trying to boost our own confidence, but rather make sure you realise your place. I consider what I am doing a community service. I want to make sure you aren't too disappointed when you are stuck in a low level office or factory job, so I'm preparing you for the reality now.

Benno

HSC
Excuse me? Did you just say that you are above us, just because of the fact that we do Genreal Maths?? your trying to make us "realise our place" wtf does that mean, are you implying that because we do GM that we will forever be below the almighty you

i find this ironic coming from a "hobo" and also insulting

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Benno, I would probably just ignore Hobo, who apparently doesn't have much else to do with his life other than spend time here insulting everyone in a really lame attempt at "humour". He's probably just trying to make up for his own personal inadequacies.

Hmm, but yes, I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Hobo, about those pesky "general english" students.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Benno
Excuse me? Did you just say that you are above us, just because of the fact that we do Genreal Maths?? your trying to make us "realise our place" wtf does that mean, are you implying that because we do GM that we will forever be below the almighty you

i find this ironic coming from a "hobo" and also insulting
No, I am not saying I am above you because you do "Genreal" maths. I am above you because you are quite obviously simple and slow witted. I just don't want to see so many of your kind disappointed with there lives after being passed over for promotion by "that foreign guy" for the 6th time in a month.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
What subjects do you study, Crazyhobo? I'd like to know how to be a superior and intelligent person like you.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ah no, I wouldn't want to touch you with a 50 ft pole. If I walk alone then why are you so outnumbered?

And I see you haven't answered my question. Any particular reason why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)