did you like the question for module b (1 Viewer)

did you like the Module B question?

• yes

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • no

Votes: 36 65.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i already know what the answer is gunna be
but basically i wanna know if anyone actually liked it

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i find when i know the least, my essay structure makes sense, 'caues rather than just thowing info at the pages, i have to FIND some info in my head first. 'cause i knew least on yeats, it ended up the easiest to write... it'll be my worst section though!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
lol yah 1 out of 2 that actually liked it!!

it suited our text - Wild Swans (thankfully cuase its such a crappy text we had to have some luck with it)

our eng teacher was a bit worried that ppl didn't read the question correctly though - mmm everyone was all stressing about the extract specification afterwards...

but i liked it - thought it was really good

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
it's english, of course i'm gonna hate the q!

but seriously, it was do-able i guess for other texts but not real good for harwood coz she is a pretty recent poet so the values of her poetry can't change much over the last 50 years in relation to the bit about changing over time

Guys I was a gimme question...easy as...you could write watever crap you wanted just include the syallabus requirements, the play itself (extracts), reading and productions in conjuction to your own contextual interpertation. This is the crap we've been told to write all year for this module...no thinking required

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I liked it. Straightforward, but not so broad that students who studied couldn't be separated from those who didn't. Plus it gave you the freedom to approach it in your chosen way, as opposed to the AOS section 3 where just about everyone in the state is going to have produced the same essay.

HSC
N/A
I liked it, then again, apparently I didn't read the extract bit and just went on my merry way, writing an essay examining it from different perspectives/readings... :)

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i absolutely hated it..
but what i dont understand is how could ppl write the whole response without using the personal pronoun??
doesnt it ask specifically for your interpretation, not a summary of different readings?? i dunno..
neways my response was prettty crap, i discussed 2 scenes from lear, the love test and storm scene in a mixed up kinda way :( and i did use the personal pronoun..
i hated that question.

KarmaKitten

HSC
You dont have to write it in the "i" person at all.

They just say that to confuse you and pretend as if the HSC is about you 'learning' instead of you being 'spoonfed'.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
You can refer to your own perspective by talking about "the reader" or "the responder".

Eg "The context of a contemporary responder leads the reader to interpret the text in this way blah blah blah", or "this technique succeeds in persuading the reader that..."

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i did king lear and, whilst i was actually hoping for a much more specific question, i thoght that this was a good question. very easy and straightforward and it gave you an easy opening to show how you "engaged" with the text. after that "Friends, Romans, Marxists..." (or whatever it was called!) article in the paper from the senior markers about how they were looking for personal engagement rather than regurgitation of spoonfed critical theories this question was a given - so eveyone should have been prepared for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)