Did you arive late? (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
Daniel.M.90 said:
When I woke up and looked at my watch it was 10:00am, I got to school at about quarter past and started my exam loosing 40 minutes. Stupid alarm clock didn't go off :mad:

I did however get everything done just left out alot of good information that I had actually remembered just didn't get to get it down on paper :mad1:

Anyone else out there arrive late today? I'd like to hear your story.
Daniel.
Daniel, did you do well internally? If you did, and if you go well on Monday, if you go get a Doctor's Certificate, they will consider that, and bump up your mark for Paper 1. Why didn't you just do that instead of going at all?

Garygaz

HSC
You should have done the 'Perfect Circle' speech and talked about how you turned up late to your exam, killing your mark, causing your UAI to be crap and hence having to do your HSC again. A perfect circle.

Nah, argh man, that sucks, I feel for you. Although I thought they don't let you into an exam 1 hour after starting time? You must of got to school pretty quick.

silverfiction

HSC
seriously i have no clue how you wouldve sat that exam being 40 minutes late...

thats pretty much a whole essay gone...

all i can say is WTF man.. WTF.

:mad1:

Ben73

HSC
Damn that sucks, If that happened to me, 5 mins to get ready, then it takes 20 minutes to drive to school, but I think in that situation I could do it in 10 minutes.

le-foot

HSC
no, but I'm not sure how well it goes down with the examiners if you started writing during reading time

DJ90

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Not to rub it in but the HSC is probably the most important thing up to this point in your life. You really should have set more then one alarm clock or gotten your parents or one of your friends to give you a wake-up call.
Believe it or not the HSC is not the most important thing in life. Even if your going for a UAI there are still otherways to get into the Uni. i saw a interview with one of the board of studies teachers in Australia and he even said its not worth stressing over as "your life is not over if you fail".

Daniel.M.90

HSC
with the time I had, I didn't have time to wipe the sleep out of my eyes until after the exam. I just put on school shorts and shirt, shoes, my pencil case and keys ran out the door jumped into my car turned a 10-15 minute drive into about 3-4. Parked anywhere, ran around finding out whats gonna happen,as I was running up to the exam room a teacher with my student number and name card was walking to the office and said "there you are, i was about to make a call to the BoS". walked into the classroom, took out my things, zipped up my fly, took a seat and wrote faster than i ever have..

To be honest i didn't really think about chucking a sickie or anything of the sort.. i was too busy thinking "OMG WTF SH*T F**K PIECE OF CRAP ALARM CLOCK"

It's alright now though,what's done is done. I wouldn't say this was the biggest point in my life either to be honest though considering my apprenticeship is lined up for me after school is done.

Thanks for caring guys :)
Daniel.

croucher131

HSC
rammedstein said:
i wasn't late but at 20 to 9 i popped on World of warcaft and told everyone who was doing the exam to get off the game and i got about 50 replies of people saying "no, it's not for another 40 mins!..."

knowing addicts....
Jesus christ youd think people would take it more seriously, But then again I did have a quick session of CoD4 before I left.

NotMel

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Not to rub it in but the HSC is probably the most important thing up to this point in your life. You really should have set more then one alarm clock or gotten your parents or one of your friends to give you a wake-up call.
It was bad luck his alarm didnt go off. dont have to make him feel anymore worse than what he already does.

Corey023

HSC
leon4u said:
Well arent you a curious traveller:wave:
HAHA

my alarm clocked failed :mad:
but lucky i was getting picked up by a friend who woke me up. lol i didnt get breaky thou :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)