Did my school make a mistake with my assessment rank? (1 Viewer)

tophatman47

HSC
when the half-yearly reports were issued, in my school I ranked 1st in Standard Mathematics (98.2% in the assessment that we had). after that, I got 100% in another assessment that we had, but somehow I ended up in 2nd place in the yearly report. these were the only 2 assessments that counted in Year 12 for us

for the trial I didn't study so I only got like 80% but it was a formative assessment for our school, so it couldn't have counted

so I should be ranked 1st based on that info, right? and if so, how important is it for me to get this corrected?

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
very important!
call up ur school or email them about this. they might have a reason for why this occurred or may realise it was indeed a mistake and rectify it.
no harm in asking them!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This depends on the academic capabilities of your cohort, which is reflected through your school rank. The higher your school rank, the less significant the effect of being ranked second as opposed to first will be on your Assessment Mark. The lower your school rank, the more important this becomes, as your aim in such a case would be to rank as highly as possible (which would also apply to the rest of your subjects) in order to maximise your chances of receiving a favourable Assessment Mark. In the latter case, being ranked second can have a significantly detrimental effect on your Assessment Mark.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)