did everyone just bs in that!!?? (1 Viewer)

Terumoto

HSC
Why would you need to BS for the 8 mark question if you remembered the postulates?

4 marks for remembering Koch's four postulates, the other four marks for relating them all to the question.

tadros

HSC
areyouserz said:
p.s lucky i got throught biology cause my teacher, u cu ldnt understand i swear.. very bad accent
haha i would feel horrible if my teacher read this coz shes lovely
but i wrote notes think "uhh i payed attention in class and she never covered half of this" my whole 2 yrs of biology have been self learning

Religion and Chem left ahhh cant wait!

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
DraconisV said:
do you have to actually write kochs postulate. Coz i talked about all 4 of them but didnt make reference to kosh at all. AWWWW, im scared, is that bad.
If you stated all the 4 postulates but didnt say they were developed by Koch himself then i dont think youd lose more than 1 mark or so

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
Sgs2006 said:
If you stated all the 4 postulates but didnt say they were developed by Koch himself then i dont think youd lose more than 1 mark or so
hey sgs u seem so cool can u help me out
lol for the experiment i rote put some of the new and old plants in both dray and humid conditions, but i didnt say how to create those conditions.. getting 0/4 for that ey??

georgechah1

HSC
the 8 marker quesiton how did use go......did anyone mention KOSH POSTULATES....u had to....it started bleeding

Tim035

HSC
You people are getting VERY carried in thinking the whole 8 marker was about relating Koch's postulates to the method they carried out. Personally I did talk about his postulates but only as another key point in creating my answer you must must must look at the verbs it said ASSESS, therefore you had to make a JUDGEMENT as to how accurate, reliable, valid there experiment was and ways the method of proof they used could be improved.
The whole idea of this question is they didn't want a pre written answer like they would've gotten for anything to do with 'genetic engineering technology' or 'the immune responce'

Koch's Postulates will add/improve your mark but it alone could not suffice to more then 3 marks.
When I answered the question I thought to myself 'now what would be be the marking criteria for this question'. I'm SURE it won't be one point saying, describes Koch's postulates and compares/contrasts them to the methods of Warren and Marshal.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Tim035 said:
You people are getting VERY carried in thinking the whole 8 marker was about relating Koch's postulates to the method they carried out. Personally I did talk about his postulates but only as another key point in creating my answer you must must must look at the verbs it said ASSESS, therefore you had to make a JUDGEMENT as to how accurate, reliable, valid there experiment was and ways the method of proof they used could be improved.
The whole idea of this question is they didn't want a pre written answer like they would've gotten for anything to do with 'genetic engineering technology' or 'the immune responce'

Koch's Postulates will add/improve your mark but it alone could not suffice to more then 3 marks.
When I answered the question I thought to myself 'now what would be be the marking criteria for this question'. I'm SURE it won't be one point saying, describes Koch's postulates and compares/contrasts them to the methods of Warren and Marshal.
Well of course if it says assess you have to relate advantages and disadvantages aswell as a judgement, but kochs postulates are very important to answering the question to a band 6 standard

blueyez

HSC
tuffboy_23 said:
also... i know they (Beadle And Tatum) changed the rule to "one gene one polypeptide" cos many protiens are made of many polypeptides, but what evidence did you provide for the "one gne one protein rule".... i couldnt think of anything to bs about that one...
i was exactly the same. the worst thing was i remembered getting that question in a past paper and getting it wrong. then i forgot to research the proper answer. oh... if only id remembered to look up that answer. oh well, its done now.

i completely bullshited three answers, including that one.

goti

HSC
Sgs2006 said:
|

Yep, thats right

8 marker you must of talked about kochs 4 postulates otherwise you wouldnt get more that 4/8
Hold on there.
Koch's postulates was only one method of comparing the reliability of their procedures. The omission will not see a reduction of 4 marks.

goti

HSC
Sgs2006 said:
Well of course if it says assess you have to relate advantages and disadvantages aswell as a judgement, but kochs postulates are very important to answering the question to a band 6 standard
I disagree,
The marking guidelines would not include a specific reference to Koch's postulates. But, rather that question was testing the application of scientific methods and evaluation and not testing content. Yes I agree that Koch's postulates come into that, but they are only one facet of testing the reliability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)