Did anyone else answer the wrong question? (1 Viewer)

CommunityFan

HSC
Paper 1 = Out of 45 --> Gets Converted Into A Mark of 40
Paper 2 = Out of 60 --> Nothing Happens.

Raw Mark = Paper 1 (Out of 40) + Paper 2 (Out of 60) = Raw Mark (Out of 100)

FOR EXAMPLE:
Paper 1 = 36/45 --> 32/40
Paper 2 = 50/60 --> 50/60

Raw Mark = (32 + 50)/(40 + 60) = 82/100
I thought this was 50/50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rawf

HSC
nah i was joking about 12-13 it was more 7-8...
but still it was like 700 words maybe..

won't my essay go to the richard III marker and then he'll be like wtf this is frankenstein
Why on earth did you write the wrong question number on the front of your writing booklet?
You have time AFTER the exam to write the question number on.. so you should have found the fr/br question afterwards and put it on your booklet (its the same question anyway!)

gorab

HSC
Why on earth did you write the wrong question number on the front of your writing booklet?
You have time AFTER the exam to write the question number on.. so you should have found the fr/br question afterwards and put it on your booklet (its the same question anyway!)
oh shit.... oh well too late now
the guy was rushing me as well

zeciro

HSC
You should have folded the corners of the exam paper where your questions are.

cornchips1

HSC
won't my essay go to the richard III marker and then he'll be like wtf this is frankenstein
you know hopefully you'll be fine, if it goes to the Richard III marker he's gonna realise it's for different text and will do something about it (as long as somewhere you mentioned Frankenstein and Blade Runner which I am sure you did? Did you write it at the front of your paper? Cause you're supposed to...) I think you just made the clerical work at the marking centre super hard but all should be okay.. fingers crossed. Stress less forget about it and think of your other exams now, good luck! :)

febebebe

HSC
omg so you started and alost finished an essay without even hinking of taking about 2 seconds just to open your eyes and find the actual question? bwahahahahha quit hsc for standup dude

gorab

HSC
omg so you started and alost finished an essay without even hinking of taking about 2 seconds just to open your eyes and find the actual question? bwahahahahha quit hsc for standup dude
i have no idea what you just said, but yes
the pressure was too much for me, i just had to write soemthign down, it was like Game 7 of the NBA finals being down by 2 points 1.8 seconds to go and I had the ball, i just had to shoot it

cookeemonstah

HSC
you cant get a B-range without even answering the prescribed question...so 9-12 i guess. :eek:

which question did u answer?

dw, i wrote 1 body paragraph for Hamlet, then realised the question was asking for characterisation so... yeh

AVY

HSC
Hey, a similar thing happened to me and it makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one. For Mod C I answered the conflicting perspectives question instead of the history and memory one, using the prescribed text for history and memory.

The questions were very similar just with a few key words differences. However, luckily I noticed after I wrote the response and notified the supervisor. She just told me to write what happened on the front, so I did :) She said that they take things like that into consideration.
Does anyone know if we will be penalised though? And would they mark it using my text in respect to the question I answered?

So don't worry, I think this kind of thing happens often and they know how to deal with it.

eat_well

HSC
You should have folded the corners of the exam paper where your questions are.
The supervisors at our school didn't let us do that for some reason. Even just the little corners. I have no idea why they prevent students from doing that...

zeciro

HSC
The supervisors at our school didn't let us do that for some reason. Even just the little corners. I have no idea why they prevent students from doing that...
What the hell? Not even after reading time? I blatantly folded it during reading time and the supervisors didn't care. We got to keep the paper after we're done anyway so why does it matter?

cthyred

HSC
Thats just cheating guys! I for one would like this to be a fair examination, but it is people like you that ruin it for everyone.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
but i heard from the paper1 forums that they only take into account your 2 best sections and put them /60 for here? (because paper1 is /40)
does that mean im safe
& i can't be the ONLY person to answer the wrong question....
This is false

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Look just move on. Stewing over it is a waste of time. It's only one subject so focus on your others

betwixtsleepeth

Random Kid
HSC
Oh, now this is just sad. I wrote the question numbers where it asked in front of each booklet, but the supervisor made me change them to 1, 2 and 3 (for the section numbers).

ArtisanBlade

HSC
To whomever said it was 40/60. You are wrong.

It is out of 100 total, comprising 50/50.

The 45 gets scaled up and the 60 gets scaled down.

They mark all three sections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)