Did Albert Speer know about the concentration camps? (1 Viewer)

Sunnie96

HSC
I am currently studing Speer in Modern and i believe that he would have known but one thing that annoys me is using Himmlers speech as an example of how he must have known. He spent two years searching for evidence against the speech and found some document. There is not enougth evidence to say wiether or not he was there. But i agree with the historian Gitta Sereny when in a documentary, she said how there was no way to know, but then he had friends who would've been there and they would've talked about it afterwards.

harshada

HSC
N/A
i personally believe that Speer was sooo utterly obesssed with his job as Minister of Armaments and Munitions 1942-1945, that he failed to pay complete attention to the treatment of the prisoners at the labour camp Dora and also the treatment of the prisoners that worked in his armaments factories.

Historan Joachim Fest condemned Speer's work ethic and said that

while people like Hitler are “rare”, men like Speer are common and it is precisely men like Speer who make the horrors that life in the minds of dictators into reality. For Speer, he says that He had turned into one the machines that he had produced: hi rev, insensitive and purely mechanical…he no longer questioned the goals he was so feverishly working toward, and stifled all moral doubts, if indeed any arose"

Silverlightning

HSC
I'm learning about Speer in Modern History and when Himmler made that speech and he said he wasn't in the room and blamed it on his bad eye sight, he was recorded to have stepped out to argue about how the other Nazi members were drunk and behaving badly and he didn't hear anything of what was said about the Final Solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)