Daily Telegraph Today-board Of Studies Reject Claims (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm I went thru the 2U paper, and it seems pretty standard except Q9-10. and Q9-10 was basically as hard as last years'
The 'on average' difficulty was probably a bit higher than most year's though

~Dreamer

HSC
from first glance yes it does look standard, but when u attempt the question it takes so much pages to do...it was really time consuming, but thats that, time to moove on...

Winston

HSC
You guys really shouldn't generalise BOS, it's not them who writes the exam, although who ever was the actual co-ordinator for maths in BOS should of looked over the exam and check it out before actually letting us do it. Who writes the exams are a number of teachers, and these teachers don't teach yr 12 this yr so that they can write the paper, so we can blame it on all the teachers who joined forces to screw us up.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
is everyone forgeting every1 sat the same test..... sure it was hard but people who knew there work will get the marks they have earnt since yr7, u cant go to school all the time, go reasonable, then expect an easy test and full marks... i didnt like the test but u GET OVER IT

kdu

Yeah, I agree.. there's nothing you can do about it...no matter how much you complain...you're just gonna make yourself miserable or angry

don't flame me...cos it's true

kdu

Yeah, I agree.. there's nothing you can do about it...no matter how much you complain...you're just gonna make yourself miserable

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Anytime~
I seriously think this has been blown outa proportion

It seemed to me like a very standard test, not too hard relative to past papers... honestly it was easier (mayb dats jus me) :p
it is blown outta proportion to an extent, but it wasn't a standard exam.
Originally posted by Minai
Hmm I went thru the 2U paper, and it seems pretty standard except Q9-10. and Q9-10 was basically as hard as last years'
The 'on average' difficulty was probably a bit higher than most year's though
i'll give you all some other examples;
question 4a)
either i did it wrong and complicated it, or it was harder. this would be a simple bearing question usually, yet they give you a triangle which does not have extra lines marked, so you can't easily give reasons. so, for me, i sat there trying to decide another way to do it, until i found i would just draw it.
question 5
a) was ok, just a little harder because there were 2 points of inflexion, and one min
b) a simple series question, turned into bricks. u have to use 2 series meaning it is a lot easier to stuff up, and takes more time and thinking to check you have it right (i have seen people get 72,73 and 74 rows). also, there were lengths and numbers of bricks, making it a little more complicated.

then question 8 - using ln and intergrating, and either i complicated this one as well but u can't integrate ln, which means you had to integrate round the x axis(???)

and 9 and 10 were bs, they are ok on their own, but when all the little things (and others i havenot mentioned) have added up to make the paper harder, and you have limited time, it is hard to think

Last edited:

revoltism

man... what are people dumb when they read this thread?
no ones really caring about the marks at the end and the scaling
and second of all the people who are complaining..good on u's!.. dont really want to get over it beacause it was a fucking rip off, this is our way of getting our anger out,not causeing more anger.. if u want to brag about how it was a standard paper (but a lil harder) then start a theard of your own,and watch how thatll be flooded with criticizm...the fact is people dont want tog et over it cause it was a waste of time..Im not saying it should be easy like any other year,but it was TOO CHALLENGING from q5 which is highly unlikely. The BOS or which ever point dexter is in fuckin charge needs to go through a similar pattern in writing papers not go abstract and think they made a masterpeice..fuckin geeks,probably wank over all our complaints with their 5 layers nerd glasses and squeeky voices..
SPEAK UP IF U HATED MATHS 2003!!!

Anytime~

Originally posted by revoltism
man... what are people dumb when they read this thread?
no ones really caring about the marks at the end and the scaling
and second of all the people who are complaining..good on u's!.. dont really want to get over it beacause it was a fucking rip off, this is our way of getting our anger out,not causeing more anger.. if u want to brag about how it was a standard paper (but a lil harder) then start a theard of your own,and watch how thatll be flooded with criticizm...the fact is people dont want tog et over it cause it was a waste of time..Im not saying it should be easy like any other year,but it was TOO CHALLENGING from q5 which is highly unlikely. The BOS or which ever point dexter is in fuckin charge needs to go through a similar pattern in writing papers not go abstract and think they made a masterpeice..fuckin geeks,probably wank over all our complaints with their 5 layers nerd glasses and squeeky voices..
SPEAK UP IF U HATED MATHS 2003!!!
Well... have you considered the fact that maybe its your intellectual inadequacies that made the test appear hard??

BOS doesn't give five fvcks of what you think of the exam. They tested everything that was in the 2unit syllabus and didn't do anything that was not mentioned... blame yourself. You should thank them for setting a hard exam which actually seperates the top tier students from the rest.

As you stated my friend before I am a minority, so you must be the majority that don't quite make it up there. I'm not bragging, I'm just restating what you just said.

And to answer your question, no people are not dumb on this thread, maybe it's just you...

Goodluck for next year when you decide to sit for it again... try writing a letter next time instead of posting on here.

revoltism

haha your a fucking minority = fuck off cause no one gives a shit about u
and u claim the majority of the state is dumb cause they found it hard? and then say ur not bragging?
dip shit.
good luck next year when your fuckin incoherant simple mind finally figures out how to slash ur own wrists.. ull be doing us a favour bitch...

tegs

Mmmm, I liked the heralds article better, maybe a little over the top tho.
"Tears over Maths paper from Hell"
Well...

mark_hack

Maths was not that bad....................so over-rated!!!!! No surprises, the length was a bit long, but it was alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)