Current UNSW students (1 Viewer)

hscstudnet

HSC
Could any current UNSW students who have completed part of their degree during COVID please tell me how were the onilne exams held?

venndiagram

HSC
Hi there, I completed most of my first year online (aside from 4 weeks of in-person classes in trimester 1). For my Psychology courses, the exams were multiple choice in a set time frame that either was 1 minute per question or a bit longer than 1 minute per question. They made it that no student would get the same test (it was randomized from a large pool of questions) and there was no proctoring (to my knowledge) for the exams.

My other double degree is Law and instead of in-person final exams where we would have 2 hours to answer a problem question and an essay, they provided a take-home exam (similar to an assignment) in which we were given 72 hours to complete, also with a word limit to accommodate any technical difficulties and to manage around schedules.

Personally, I found that the psychology exams would mirror the in-person exams (since they would've been multiple-choice too) and would be roughly same amount of difficulty. However, for a course that involved statistics, there were no questions that involved the lengthier equations we were taught (as it was limited to be answered via multiple-choice) which I found a bit unfortunate. For law, I definitely feel underprepared for future in-person exams.

Although this is specific to my degrees, I hope this has helped provide some insight :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)