crime question 3 and 4 (1 Viewer)

vas

For the effectiveness of the law for internation crimes i put

-bilateral treaties create a relationship between nations so international cooperation helps with international crime
-differneces in legal systems and morals create problems in how the law is applied and how people arte punished....may be totally unacceptable to another country
-Australia has enacted laws to prevent australians from commiting crimes overseas
-Establishment of ad hoc tribunals to deal with serious crimes

for the criminal penalties reflecting communtiy standards

-the criminal justice syste is probably thye ebst reflection for societys morals and standards
-theres a tension when judges uses judicial descretion to sentence the accused to something othert than the maximum term, while the community may not have know mitgating factors to the crime, and the judge has to explain himself
-crimes such as murder and rape are erious crimes and reflect the communitys expectation that these crimes be retributed through incapacitation
-our society accepts that the "mens rea" is as bad as commiting the "actus reus" so accessories and parties to a crime are dealt with the same way
-and the division of crime in our society into indictabe and suary allows for minor offences not to have the stigma of a criminal attached to it with apprpriate punishments such as fines bonds

tell me where i went wrong, if i completely lost my mind and what u answered in that question

adamj

As stated before, anything was applicable, my philosophy:

They asked for it, they got it.

OR

Don't ask questions that you wont like the answer.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
For the effectiveness of the law for international crime
roughly ive putdown
1) bilateral, multi lateral agreements
2) if no agreements exists states are not obliged to extradite
3) the offence have to be offence in that country for them to extradite. the offender may appeal clamining that they wont receive a fair trial at home
4) international criminal court which have been established early this year.
and ive BS sum more shit after

in criminal penalties and changing expectation
1) the movement away from very harsh penalties to a more meaningful and rehabilitative penalties. In the past it was "eye for eye attitude" now its more of how offenders can rehabilitate and thus benefit the society
2) no penalties that infringe on hr such as toture
3) in international fronts, UN have condemned inhuman penalties and thus have influenced australia to abolish death penality in the 1960s.
4) and then talked about the benefits of community serivce order and just sum bs like that..

young_gurl

Shoit i fucked that up all i said was extradition can not be enforced unless there has been an agreement the legal system has been effective in dealing with internation crimes with the use of the ICC fuck i derno it was worth 8 marks too!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol. i am SCREWED for Q3 and 4!
the only thing i put down was extradition! go me, who didn't study international crime at all! :D

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
man gys, if everyone found it hard then dats good, it means only the ppl that really deserve the marks get it right, u cant have a test where everyone get 100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)