Crime: Discretion q? :s (1 Viewer)

ar5ena1

HSC
well it could either have meant discretion in terms of being quiet about something, which i talked about (i.e. hiding peoples names, media bans etc)

but most likely it was referring to judicial discrestion so things like -

sentencing and bail. - it have information on both in the stimulas, so i'd 95% sure thats what they wanted.

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
omg i got no idea!! i wrote like one page... as if i'd get 7 marks for it! prolly only get 1 for trying? ahaha that was pretty bad.. can n e one explain the question please :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
the importance of using idscretion
discretion for sentencing them based on behaviour/circumstances/offence

blah

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i wrote about judicial discretion both in sentencing and BAIL (remember, george, the poor bloke didnt get it) and also police discretion (the police spent a year on fred, and a few minutes on george and coulda let him off) and also discretion of legal aid, poor george didnt get it.

poor, poor george

cameron0110

HSC
I talked about police discretion in choosing to investigate and arrest the respective suspects, discretion in deciding on bail and judicial discretion in sentencing and talked about each person separately even though i sort of repeated myself a bit (because it took up more space so it looked like I knew what I was on about)

pHaTso

HSC
i wrote 3 pages in regards 2 the Judge's discretion. that is, sentencing, etc.

GB

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
i dont understand why george didnt get legal aid...he was stealing money for food the poor fella...nah maybe cos he was an alco...he spent all his money on booze...or his mental illness told me he did al lof those things?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Why do the names in these senarios always suck. havent they already used george?

Tammie

i wrote about police descretion in arrest search n sezire and interrogation. the judical the judge i said about evidence + sentencing but i forgot all about BAIL>...argh....was this wat we were spose to right....

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tenille said:
Why do the names in these senarios always suck. havent they already used george?
what about Kath and Kim in multiple choice, i mean, puh-leeeeze

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i talked about police discretion, like what crimes to investigate, what to charge people with etc.
Then when i was finishing it off i remembered judical discretion, so i threw in like a line on that.

Gemstone

I wrote heaps on this. I would've prefered this to be the 12 mark one then 7 cos I think I wrote way to much for it and too little for the 12. Anyway I wrote about discrescion in the police deciding what to investigate and also in relation to bail and remand and how remand is only supposed to be is you have a good reason. Then I talked about discretion in sentencing and how the punishment should be appropriate to the crime committed.

Tammie

you sound like u covered everything and are going to go heaps well:)....i wrote most of that forgot bail n remmad thou :(

carlz_07

HSC
I just talked about what the syllabus said... just about the judicial discretion - and talked about how it was evident in sentencing giving examples.. and then talked about the discretion being limited in one case by the doctrine of precedent and minimum penalties...

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Police Discretion --> Particularly when making an arrest
Judicial Discretion --> Mention of limits and guidelines according to various factors
Post sentencing decisions and use of discretion --> Parole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)