court visit - observations and ethics law208 (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I used 10+ cases and i didn't refer to the prescribed textbooks (i used other sources) but still, idk that equation of 10+ references of cases & journal = 15+ is kinda strange :S
I talked to Ilijah and what he basically said was actually a bit different from yours.. argh i wish their advices were moar consistent.
He told me to not to ramble on obvious things so much, focus on issues (unclarity of the postal rule, etc) so I guess that's what distinguished HD / D students the rest. Oh well, i should get back to studying ... arrrgh i'm still making my notes for week 7 for this unit *cries*

mrbsting

HSC
Grrr. This subject has got me in a rut. Need to pull myself out of it fast.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the assignment result for LAW208 is out. surprisingly i did more than ok. for the first time! am happy, but right now i'm working on a different assignment and i'm not too happy bout that *sips another cup of coffee*

mrbsting

HSC
Yeah I got a distinction for my ethics report pretty much what I expected.

Still concerned about contracts!

maka

HSC
I dont think you are alone. I initially struggled in Contracts before I grasped how to correctly do problem questions.

A lot of people at uni struggle with Contracts because it is the first substantive law subject that they study. This is difficult compared the approach of the first year theoretical units.

In my opinion, Criminal Law would be the best transitional unit towards substantive law as it has a bigger thereotical basis and allows for a more step by step movement towards black letter law.

The problems that I (and others) find with Contracts are the processes that need to be taken and the many exceptions.

Good luck with your exams.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i wonder hows everyone going with the take home exam. ive nearly finished. few minor changes to make. lots and lots of footnotes to go. ... and more hours of sleep to miss.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yay someone is actually still up! ive been only getting 4 hours of sleep for past few days and i probably wont sleep tonight but im determined to get it done. the funny thing is sleep deprivation makes me sorta energetic in a weird way...

Snooty

HSC
ugh, I really didn't like that take-home exam. Add the fact that I had a cold and a headache all weekend probably resulted in a really bad paper. Oh well.

mrbsting

HSC
In the end the take home was a bit weird. Confident of a pass though.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i was really happy with question 2 because i only needed to paraphrase my notes. i don't think i've put in my best effort into the problem question but i think it's passable... as to question 1... well i don't want to think about it but hopefully question 2 will make up for the piece of garbage that i've written :uhoh:
at the moment i'm tackling LAW204. masses of notes to read through. i haven't done the casebook readings for illegality & privity and i haven't done the updates readings. i'm gonna be in trouble for not reading them but i don't think i'm gonna have enough time to read through because i'm struggling with privity and i want to do some past papers. im fully chickening out and atm i look like -> :confused:
ugh.
p.s. good luck to everyone for upcoming exams :)

Last edited:

mrbsting

HSC
i was really happy with question 2 because i only needed to paraphrase my notes. i don't think i've put in my best effort into the problem question but i think it's passable... as to question 1... well i don't want to think about it but hopefully question 2 will make up for the piece of garbage that i've written :uhoh:
at the moment i'm tackling LAW204. masses of notes to read through. i haven't done the casebook readings for illegality & privity and i haven't done the updates readings. i'm gonna be in trouble for not reading them but i don't think i'm gonna have enough time to read through because i'm struggling with privity and i want to do some past papers. im fully chickening out and atm i look like -> :confused:
ugh.
p.s. good luck to everyone for upcoming exams :)
I'm just going over my notes. I don't see a point in doing past papers that don't have solutions, isn't that typical of the Arts faculty?

As for LAW208, I'm pretty confident in what I wrote. Mostly confident of about question 1.

Snooty

HSC
I'm feeling an innevitable sense of doom as the contracts exam looms closer O_O

Havn't actually studied much at all besides a few hours of going over notes. Will probably cram like hell for the next 3 days...hopefully. I seemed to have gone into 'holiday mode' a bit too early this semester and i'm finding myself being easily distracted from studying :burn:

Anyways, all the best for exam guys!

mrbsting

HSC
I'm feeling an innevitable sense of doom as the contracts exam looms closer O_O

Havn't actually studied much at all besides a few hours of going over notes. Will probably cram like hell for the next 3 days...hopefully. I seemed to have gone into 'holiday mode' a bit too early this semester and i'm finding myself being easily distracted from studying :burn:

Anyways, all the best for exam guys!
That's pretty much the idea. It's open book, so the good thing is you don't have to memorise it. Reading over the cases is sufficient. No idea why they never made it a take home?

Good luck!

Snooty

HSC
Me neither :(

I'll probably end up spending most of my time shifting through my notes rather than writing. 45 minutes/question is gonna be crazy x_x Probably deduct 5 minutes due to planning as well ..:mad:

mrbsting

HSC
done all my notes thought i'd be ready but im so not.

couldnt be bothered with stat illegality and privity that much...

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i suspect i have to do it again. q1 was the crappiest thing that ive ever written under 45 minutes. and i'm always the odd one out using principles and cases that no one use. if ilijah give me a pass (very unlikely though) i think i'd hug him and shake his hand. for real. but unless such thing happens i think i'm saying hello:wave: to the summer school (i think law 204 is offered in it). oh well, my exams are finished.

Snooty

HSC
I'll see you at summer school. That was probably the worst piece of crap i have ever written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)