Consumers (1 Viewer)

punkbabe89

HSC
I went with a), and I really screwed up.
Gave a good opening on the marketplace historically (In the 13th century blah blah caveat emptor blah blah increasing trade blah blah introduction of monetary units blah blah industrial revolution blah blah you get the point) then simple lost the plot.
It certainly wasnt a logical, well structured response.
I went into Trade Practices Act and Fair Trading Act, noting that both are required as the Constitution only allows Federal Parliament to make laws concerning corporations..
From there into deceptive marketing practices
Then i think into credit, and i came back and added contracts to this because i couldnt fit it anywhere else.
The industry specific regulation, occupational licencing, downfalls of self-regulating industry bodies, etc
Then a bit on the process of redress, rushing so left it and didnt get time to come back
Finished with a big speil about the need for the refrom of ecommerce and such.
:S
What do you think?
15/25?

prinzmatt2007

HSC
did you write about the second part the question asked ? i forgot what it asked but it was something like the things in place to manage the market ? i think you wouldve needed to include something like the legal remedies for consumers i.e. self help, mediation/conciliation, Fair Trading Tribunal, arbitration and the court/common law. Not too sure but thats how my topic test went

Daaan

HSC
I went with b. Seemed easier to me. A seemed a lot more about Law reform and such, and B just seemed to be a lot more about consumer remedies to conflict and how legislation etc protects consumers from misleading practices. Same kinda stuff every year i thought, just with a modification of words!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)