Conflict in the Pacific Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Here is the thread to post all your essay questions you recieve for the conflict in the pacific elective. Please post up your assignment and practice essay questions so we can create a useful resource here!

I can't seem to find any previously posted questions to get you started, so you will have to start from scratch!!!

Please contribute to help everyone out!

laracroft

In the Contested Spaces text theres Essay questions at the end of each chapter. They're not really the kindas of questions you'd get in the HSC, but some them are good for learning specifics to do with the course
some are ok...
Asses the military and political success of the attack on Pearl Harbour.
One thing about that section, for any1 else using this text, did you find there was limited info on some sections. The sylabus dot point states that we have to know the strategic and political reasons for the bombing of Pearl harbour, but theres only half a pg of info on it....
neways, hope thats a start

openside_04

HSC
possible pacific question

i belive this years question will either be on
"strategic and political reasons for bombing Pearl Harbour"
or
"reaosns for the use of the A-Bomb and the subsequent controversy of its use"
as they havent asked any of these in previous hsc questions.

What do you guys think????

edwardcav

edwardcav
HSC
im really hoping so. this is a topic that i can nail, because ive put a lot of work into it, for you are right - it hasnt been asked.

would have to be a favourite , right?

openside_04

HSC
well i have gone through the pacific syllabus and they are the only ones that havent been asked yet.. so an educated guess would say that at least one of the questions will have one of the topics in it.

for the atomic bomb are you outlining the potsdam declaration... reply by japanese... the actual bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki...... the reasons why the us launched the bombs... and the controversy surrounding it eg USA could have maintained blockade...... plus a couple of key quotes????

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i did my trials already, the questions in the trials is real similar to the basic information that we need for our essays, if you remember your essay and the important sources etc then your fine for your trials...

kiteblood

HSC
Have these been posted before?; Previous HSC questions are as follows.

a) Explain the failure of the Japanese armed forces to consolidate their position after the fall of Singapore.
b) Discuss the impact of Japanese imperialism on Asian peoples in occupied territories from the Japanese attack on China to 1945.

a) Discuss the impact of imperialism in the Pacific from the Japanese attack in 1937 until Japan's occupation of South-Eat Asia in 1942.
b) Assess the effect of the war on civilians in Japan and EITHER Australia OR the United States between 1941 and 1951.

a) Asses the significance of Japan's defeat in the Battle of Midway for the outcome of the Pacific War.
b) Discuss the impact of Allied occupation on Japan in the period 1945 - 1951.

a) To what extent did Japanese nationalism cause the outbreak of war with the United States in 1941?
b) Evaluate the view that the Japanese armed forces were largely responsible for the US decision to use the A-bomb to end the Pacific war.

Last edited:

Lauren.

HSC
hey just quickly does anyone know the 2 CSSA conflict questions from the trials this year (2006)? it would be such a great help. good luck on thursday xx :eek:

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Lauren. said:
hey just quickly does anyone know the 2 CSSA conflict questions from the trials this year (2006)? it would be such a great help. good luck on thursday xx :eek:
check your private email for an answer

I M

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
Re: possible pacific question

meat_axe said:
or

Holy FUCK! i know this is 3 years late, but omfg that guy gessed perfect!

I hope we get the same this year

mrated96

higginsl
HSC

meat_axe said:
or

Holy FUCK! i know this is 3 years late, but omfg that guy gessed perfect!

I hope we get the same this year

TheGlenn

HSC
Can they ask a standalone Question like the political, strategic reasons for bombing pearly harbour ? Because i dont think there is enough info ??

yiwank

Chief Executive Member
HSC
WEll for the RUse trial they said "Pearl Harbour was a strategic blunder." To what extent is this true?

yiwank

Chief Executive Member
HSC
I reckon HSC question will be on section 1-growth of tensions

w00dy.

HSC

meat_axe said:
or

one of the modern teachers at school made note of the fact that they havent asked a question on the 'reasons for the use of the A bomb and the subsequent controversy of its use' and reckons there is a fair chance they could ask a question on it. which would be awesome, because its one of the few dot points that contains enough detail to be able to construct a good extended response.

el gwapo

HSC

^ That's interesting. In my school last year my teacher was kind of slow to get to the a-bomb issue, it may have been from the fact he concentrated more on the other bits since it has been a non-showing in the HSC for the past years.

Having said that I don't think you can write for 50 minutes just on the A-bomb, I think it would help if you can show your background knowledge of the conflict before the Pacific - no use talking excessively about the physics or political side of things.

cheppers

HSC
for pacific i'd definantly be looking at home fronts, a-bomb and the events leading to the bombing of pearl harbour, one of those is bound to come up

akadaka22

HSC
the home front question will be tied in with occupation

assess the impact on japanese + australian homefronts from 1941 to 1951

A bomb is possible

the other 3 questions come from 1st dot point

US + British Foreign Policy causing ABOMB
Tensions
but i rkn they will time lapse it

i.e

Asess the extent to which imperilisim dominated japanese course of war and strategy int he period from 1937 - 1942

so that way ude go
-China Incident 1937
- Pearl Harbour
- 6 months i.e phillipines, hong kong, thailand

1 of these 3 questions will be in are HSC guarnteed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)