Conflict in Europe (1 Viewer)

Magicana

HSC
Which question did everyone here do? I did the one about turning points. I argued that Operation Barbarossa wasnt THE turning point, just a turning point - Without the Battle of Britain and the North African campaign, it wouldn't have been as major as it was.

What question did you do, and how did you argue for it?

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
same same

i sed to a considerable extent barbarossa was significant i.e. opening up a second front, therefore stalingrad and kursk

BUT ultimately, the failed NA campaign, battle of britain and the overwhemling success of d-day were decisive to eventual allied victory/german defeat...

im not sure? did ne1 do similar?

Ademir

HSC
I argued that it would not have been as great a turning point without the air war and north africa

but i did say it was a major turning point regardless, because it set the stage for stalingrad and kursk

i argued kursk was THE turning point because germany could no longer launch blitzkrieg offensives after it

singh in tune

HSC
hi

wat did everyone write for the other conflict in europe question?

The effect on civilians?

oconnor

HSC
Yeah well I had NO idea what on Earth Barbarossa was at the time, but I did talk about the right topic though :) So I got lucky

itscatnip

HSC
for the strategies question... i wrote about the impact of sitzkreig on evacuations and about the air war and how the germans tried to go too far into russia past where their supply lines could adequately reach them and this put a huge strain on the home front.. and just how germans targetted british merchant vessels and how this led to food shortages and stuff. i found it a bit hard to focus on just strategies instead of what happened in the war but we shall see if i got it right! fingers crossed...

RyelleBlitz

HSC
I argued that it was the major turning point, as it not only sucked Germany's resources, but was the second front, dividing everything up even further.

It was the metaphorical thorn in Hitler's foot. xD I actually wrotew that, only next to it is crossed out "It was the thron in Hitler's metaphorical foot." = D

kester89

HSC
this question really didnt suit what i had studied, but i did the effect on civilians one. i talked about the effects on both brittish and german home fronts, the battle of britain, bombings, evacuation, employment, rationing stuff like that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)