Concerned: Bad Idea? (1 Viewer)

Nightsarah

HSC
I'm writing a stage script, however it doesn't really follow conventional standards. It is a basis of a script that will be an essentially malleable performance. It involves directions of getting an audience member on stage, and providing a guideline for actors/characters to interact with an audience member to slowly integrate the non-actor into the performance.

In reality, it does work. I produced my first draft last month and the practicality of it was a success. However, I am having a HUGE deal of trouble communicating the spontaneity and am now questioning whether this was a suitable idea at all. It doesn’t focus too much on the spoken word of characters, rather the meaning behind the enforced journey of the non-actor.

For this reason there is a LOT of detailed stage directions - as they provide a solid basic structure to something that can possibly radically change.

I don't know if this is making sense, maybe I should post the video of the production on YouTube. But in the mean time, what do you think?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tumnus

HSC
i'm not realy big on this thing, but at the moment we're studying Rear Window by Hitchock, and it said smthing about the scripts. apparently he gave them in great detail. i dono if this helps but it might give you a heads up in the way of controling the variables outside of the "audience actor" ???
tell me if you'd like to know more on this - though you might have to clarify your project a little more.
I'm doing a short story - only thing that's realy frustrating is that i'm 700 words over the limit. So anoying! If it's one thing i hate it's lenght restrictions.

anyho hope this helps :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Well, if you were doing this for Drama it would be tip top.

But I think an EE2 script is supposed show some kind of reliance on the written word. It seems a bit risky. You need to show some kind of concept or message. You're not being marked on the practicality of it, more the language and the ideas behind certain language choices..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)