Comparison to previous years? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Not sure about this myself, but how would you compare this year's paper to previous years?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
riviet....you posted at 12:10...werent you still doing the test?
i thought it was pretty much fair....similar difficulty to last years....though not as easy as 04

Riviet

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
riviet....you posted at 12:10...werent you still doing the test?
Change your time settings, remember that it's daylight saving now. :p

gamecw

HSC
wuddie said:
i dont know about you guys, but i found it to be pretty hard, esp the first 4, when they were meant to be give aways
1st 4 was good, cudnt do the circle geometric bit tho..only did (ii)

scragmeister

HSC
I found it much easier than our school's trial, but that's only because it suited my preparation. Question seven and eight were definitely hard, but that was to be expected.

Question one was a breeze, two was okay (except for part (d), i dont think i got full marks here), question three was easy except for part c, in which i'd be happy with 1/4, i ran out of time in 4(c)(i), and (d)...(i) and (iii), stuffed up 5(b)(ii) (for some reason i just ignored the identity and used de-moivre's theorem, and ran out of time - stupid!) then (d) (ii) and (iii) - then i lost about 4-6 marks in q6, then i think i might have got a total of 10 in questions seven and eight. I wouldnt want to predict a mark because i could've made lots of silly mistakes.

i was so devastated after the trial, i thought i'd failed it but in fact managed a 74, i'm more confident this time so i hope my marks reflect that.

Sir Loin

HSC
Much easier, but I wasn't prepared enough. Does this mean next years one is going to be rediculously hard?:rofl:

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Don't know because I wasn't looking at past papers, nor study at all. I think it is pretty good for HSC standard according to my other subjects' exams, and certainly harder than my trials (which is a joke).

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
webby234 said:
What was with 45 marks being on harder 3U? That's massive.
According to the syllabus, approximately 30% of your study time of 4 units should be devoted to harder 3 Unit topics. That's about 36/120, so 45 is just above average.

Heck, who is going to read math syllabi (isn't syllabi plural for syllabus?) anyway?

CheekyPunk

HSC
For comparison with last year, my friend got in the top 10 last year, and apparently he estimated hi raw to be about 100 (i asked his brother).

So considering we already have a few people here who reckon they got over 100, plus others that they know of, i think this was either:
1. an easier exam than last year
2. same or harder, but our year is smarter than last year.

I wish it were the latter, but i have a feeling its the former...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well this year's paper seemed to have more 3 markers floating around, made the exam feel "less long" as opposed to the '05 paper which just bombarded you with 1 & 2 markers.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
webby234 said:
Easiest exam in recent times. I mean look at question 8 - that had nothing on past year's question 8s.

Having said that, there were some tricky ones, like the circle and the induction.

What was with 45 marks being on harder 3U? That's massive.

Hoping for 90-100/120
Actually, on Sunday, I was tossing up between studying mechanics or harder 3-unit, and calculated how much each topic is worth in some past exams. Mechanics is usually only one easy question and one hard, so about 15, whereas harder 3-unit was about 45. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)