Commercial Cookery question (1 Viewer)

ally24

HSC
Can someone tell me what we were meant to write?

The_Shaman

HSC
ahh i can tell you what i wrote, i just mentioned a variety of equipment, stove + stovetop, pots and pans, deep fryer and talked about how to use them and how to clean them

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
yeah...what they said ^.
and don't forget maintenance...fuel supply...reporting faults...not using faulty products...sharpening knives etc!

jackcass2

the whole year i did not learn about any of that, it was just general knowledge - aka bullshite

shimmerme

HSC
well i hated this question- only cos i had to try and fit everything i knew into it..

legislation- OH&S and Food Act

i talked about HACCP.. food poisoning..

the equpiment i only discussed as examples for important aspects of safe work, hygiene and maintenance.. half way through i realised maybe i should of done it around the other way

i also talked about the 6 types of hazards- (ergonomic, biological, chemical, psychological, physical, radiation) and used equipment as examples

i used: a slicer, a sandwich toaster, knives, chopping boards.. saucepans, the oven, uniform being important in using the stove

etc etc etc . question was so random!

..i didnt really talk about maintenance 'procedures' as such.. i knew nothing. lol

aurora_05

HSC
I talked about OHS, legislation stuff, role of employer/employee, personal/environmental hygiene, cleaning procedures, regular maintenance checks, reporting faulty equipment procedures....and then basically just related it all back to different examples of equipment like blender, stove, knives etc.

atlasheadKING

Yeah, I covered safe work practices, hygienic use and maintenance seperately, using equipment as examples, but i reckon i probably should've focussed on specific equipment more. The rest of what i put in was all the crap that i remembered for the exam that they didn't question us on. I refuse to let that knowledge go to waste, so in it went. A healthy dose of bullshit was also added, soughta towards the end.
I did this question last and by then my structure had gone out the window. I soughta spent the last half-hour getting distracted by thinking Yes! I'm Nearly done! No more exams for me! and then doing little happy dances in my seat very quietly and without moving.

Brookie7

HSC
haha yeah the same thing happened to me. every half an hour id think oh crap im almost finished forever.. and id start to get excited.. but then remembered i still had to actually finish

The OC

HSC
N/A
ok, as much as it's nice to have that hospo exam over and done with, i think i ^%$#ed it up majorly! when it asked for methods of cookery, i remembered my methods of cookery summary, so i only talked about deep frying and poaching and the problems that occur with that and effects of nutritional value...i think i did it wrong! i threw in some stuff about bacteria legislation and general stuff, but overall i thought that, that one question wasn't enough for a C.C. Hospo question, i've done much harder essay questions!, but oh well, it's over!all the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)