Com/eng/CS double degrees good idea? (1 Viewer)

Mathew587

HSC
Hi guys,
Do you peeps think com/cs or eng/com at unsw is a good degree? I was thinking of doing either finance or accounting on the commerce side and then trying out for either IB or working as a quant with cs and finance. Either that or doing eng/com and working in the managerial side of engineering.

D94

HSC
N/A
That's fine, thousands of students will graduate with the same degrees.

IB, quant, management are for an extreme minority of people. You will need more then a degree to get into those jobs.

Also, "managerial side of engineering" is generally meaningless. You work your way up from being an engineer. That isn't a first job, and it won't be dictated by your degree.

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
If you want to work as a quant, you'll need a Masters in Financial Mathematics/Financial Engineering or a Ph.D. Competition is tough in this field.

For IB, you just need to show passion in the field, great work ethic, and problem-solving skills. Therefore, entering this is independent of choice of degree.

Last edited:

Mathew587

HSC
Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm still thinking as too what the hell I'm gonna do in life but its good to know that my options are ok. Sorry for the late reply cause Im kinda new to BOS XD

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm still thinking as too what the hell I'm gonna do in life but its good to know that my options are ok. Sorry for the late reply cause Im kinda new to BOS XD
This forum should implement notifications for thread-replies which can be easily toggled (on/off) somewhere.

si2136

HSC
N/A
This forum should implement notifications for thread-replies which can be easily toggled (on/off) somewhere.
I agree with that too. I made a suggestion on that but no replies yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)