Clinal Gradations (1 Viewer)

littlemaster

HSC
Hey guys,

well i was reading throughout as my understanding:

polymorphism is the variety of alleles within a population

clinal gradation is the presence of overlapping traits.

So what would be a solid example of a clinal gradation?

my teacher says its just the difference better one area and another, like the gradual change from equator to poles....but i think thats a cline.

I even rang the HSC hotline 3DAYS AGO, and they havent got back to me!

Help appreciated.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
HSC Online gives a much better example than I can;

Clinal gradation occurs as a result of interbreeding and intermediate environments. Clinal gradation is seen in skin colour, eye colour and body stature. A cline is a gradual change in gene frequency in a population. This produces a gradual change in the phenotypic characteristics of a species over a geographical range.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
littlemaster said:
Hey guys,

well i was reading throughout as my understanding:

polymorphism is the variety of alleles within a population

clinal gradation is the presence of overlapping traits.

So what would be a solid example of a clinal gradation?

my teacher says its just the difference better one area and another, like the gradual change from equator to poles....but i think thats a cline.

I even rang the HSC hotline 3DAYS AGO, and they havent got back to me!

Help appreciated.

clinal graduation - people living in colder regions have a shorter, stockier stature to reduce heat loss. people living in hoter regions (africa) are taller and thinned to increase surface area and expose extremeties for heat loss

polymorphism --- you need two examples...mine are LACTOSE INTOLERANCE and SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA (if you need these exaplained let me know)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You got increased frequency of dark-skinned people near the equator and the gradual increase of fair-skinned people as move away.

The increase of blue-eyed, blonde-haired individuals as move away from the Mediterranean to the Scandinavian nations.

I just realised this was posted last year.

Mazza12

HSC
clinal graduation - people living in colder regions have a shorter, stockier stature to reduce heat loss. people living in hoter regions (africa) are taller and thinned to increase surface area and expose extremeties for heat loss

polymorphism --- you need two examples...mine are LACTOSE INTOLERANCE and SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA (if you need these exaplained let me know)

Could you please explain the Lactose intolerance and sickle-cell anaemia examples to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)