Class of 2006, what text are you doing? (1 Viewer)

What is your perscribes text For physical journey?

• Total voters

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
I feel sorry for the poor sods who have to do Huck Finn...i had to do it last year....i hated the book (i couldnt get into)..so i never finished reading...got up to chapter 23..i think.

So, have fun reading it.....unless u enjoy the book, therefore..have fun!!!

*hint - Huck Finn connected with Muppet Treasure Island (Huck = Jim / Jim (the boy) = Long John Silver)..so if u run out of ideas, watch it..u'll find connections!! :D

ThirstyMMM

HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
I feel sorry for the poor sods who have to do Huck Finn...i had to do it last year....i hated the book (i couldnt get into)..so i never finished reading...got up to chapter 23..i think.

So, have fun reading it.....unless u enjoy the book, therefore..have fun!!!

*hint - Huck Finn connected with Muppet Treasure Island (Huck = Jim / Jim (the boy) = Long John Silver)..so if u run out of ideas, watch it..u'll find connections!! :D
Haha yesss someone can relate to me in regards to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Don't worry i know how you felt!

I studied it last year also but thankfully i finished the book, but not without pushing myself into finishing it because i had to write a book review on it. lol

It was... well, an alright book i suppose, just didn't really get absorbed into the book. But if you enjoy reading it... well enjoy it? Haha i don't know.

Happy reading! :)

Mei Jewleh

HSC
Another immigrant chronicles, by Peter Piper packed a book of pickled poems. :sleep:

kerfuffle

HSC
I'm doing Peter Skrzynecki's poems. Don't know what the Standard class is doing. O.O

o0Lucy0o

HSC
yes i hear you! i am doing away also. any good related material?

s2indie

HSC
I did Peter Sckrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicles - i think our class is the only advanced class doing this text. The other two classes did "Imagined Corners" and "My Place" - or something along those lines

Jiao

HSC
Away
Raw
The Truman Show
Wilfred Owen's War Poems

those are the texts the teacher chose for us to study this year

so far my extra texts are...
The Shawshank Redemption
Folsom Prison Blues
The State Hospital < sculpture thing!
(yeah i nkow i gotta find some for the journeys....and image....><)

i do have one extra text for journeys...>>>...Black Soil Plains

:mad1:

loaman

HSC
hey all this is the first time 2 these forums. anways i need some opinions wat u guys think the text Mulan (animation) or COol Runnings i need some opinions not sure which one to pick thanks

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
loaman said:
hey all this is the first time 2 these forums. anways i need some opinions wat u guys think the text Mulan (animation) or COol Runnings i need some opinions not sure which one to pick thanks
well wots ur book?
personally, cos i did Huck Finn, i would pick Mulan

Dimorphic

HSC
Lionheart by Jessie Martian.

It is actually quite easy, inner and physical journeys flow through this book (physcial obviously).

lozzy52

HSC
doing Immigrant Chronocles, he came to my school too, but too early for me to know how much id want to kill hil now.
Journeys is the area of study for both standard and advanced, i dont know about ESl, so the texts are the same, all the classes in my year did immigrant chronocles but one, they did rabbit proof fence.
love laurel

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
Did anybody else have to think a bit for that stupid question yesterday??? WTF!! How the hell is the standart class meant to know that. My teacher was even confused by it. I kinda got it after thinking it over........... But mayb i'm just stupid!!! Haha Anyone else have issues to begin with?? :mad1:

Lauren:)

nes54caf

HSC
i am doing away!! we are half way through it at the moment​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)