CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN RIPOFFS... are you kidding me? (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
I saw them on the internet.

Then yesterday I saw them in Cleo...

Fake, red soled... rip-off Louboutin's..

Am I the only one who thinks this is a travesty?

*Baby-K*

HSC
Well he's soo good that Chinese manufacturers decided to rip him off. Seriously there are copies of everything out there, and pretty good ones too, so good you can't tell the difference except for the price. It shouldn't shock you so much

jennieTalia

HSC
I guess.
Although he is filing a law suit... with some damn good representatives.

So it will shock me once it becomes a major breach of copyright.

Some major brands have knocked off a couple of his designs though... that's worrying...

*Baby-K*

HSC
They all do it, unfortunately.
I was walking past the new Bijoux shop in Castle Towers yesterday and in the display they have three bags- same design, different colours- COMPLETE ripoff Chanel

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
um i dont know why you are so surprised, the shoes are upwards of $700 which is not only ludicrous, but not exactly affordable either. hell, cheap billabong factory items get ripped off all the time. who cares. the people who pay <$1 for these will get what they are given when they fall apart in a months time

jennieTalia

HSC
Born Dancer said:
um i dont know why you are so surprised, the shoes are upwards of $700 which is not only ludicrous, but not exactly affordable either. hell, cheap billabong factory items get ripped off all the time. who cares. the people who pay <$1 for these will get what they are given when they fall apart in a months time
True but I think the problem really is that his sales will fall, quite drastically as well, and he also wishes to retain that individuality.

It is like a novel. Hell if I wrote one I would angry as sin if someone copied the storyline but put it in a cheaper cover or whatever.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
jennieTalia said:
True but I think the problem really is that his sales will fall, quite drastically as well, and he also wishes to retain that individuality.

It is like a novel. Hell if I wrote one I would angry as sin if someone copied the storyline but put it in a cheaper cover or whatever.
um, how? given that his shoes are so expensive, his main buyers are going to be people with money enough to spend and not worry about the price anyway, so i dont think his sales are really going to plummet. he has such a large celebrity base anyway this isnt going to matter all that much.

and like i have already mentioned, these shoes are going to fall apart in a couple of months. the people who buy them thinking they have a mad deal are just too stupid to realise it, or if they do eventually they probably arent going to rush out and buy more pairs.

and that novel analogy was a really bad one..

jennieTalia

HSC
Ahaha true. But some companies, aka those with actual labels, who rip-off designs other than the red-sole (I'm talking an older collection that they take the idea of and then only slightly modify and sell as their own) make them quite reasonably and sell them at ridiculous prices.

I agree with Louboutin, it cheapens his image. Red soles are his.

I also think his sales will plummet as the celebrity base may stop wearing them... Celebs like to START trends, not necessarily adhere to them.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I don't think it would affect his revenue because people who can afford the real thing are not going to even look at the copies- they think it's beneath them.
He can't stop people re-producing his designs, he can only stop them from selling them- like Tiffany and LV constantly taking Ebay to court because they allow people to sell copies.

jennieTalia

HSC
He can stop people creating the copies. He is treating it, literally, as copyright infringment as he believes each shoe is a piece of art rather than a tool for getting around in.

I understand celebrities won't "look" at the copies, but when every man and his dog (lol) has the shoes... they won't want them. Rip-Offs, Knock-Offs, cheaper versions... if they look the same no celebrity wants it. It doesn't matter how beautiful the shoe is, or how expensive the original is.

The same thing would happen... if...
Someone brings out a shirt that says 'Hihi' on it.
All celebs wear it.
Cheap company rips off hundreds of them.
Everyone wears it, they all look real.
Celebrities see the public wearing it, and wants to stand out, wear something different etc.

Same thing happened with Von Dutch, major problems in sales due to clever rip-offs and amusing 'Von Bitch' shirts and hats. Can't say I was ever a fan in the first place.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
ok cbf reading cos everyone psoted long paragraphs

ppl have been copying him since he become popular
just as with every other designer

even peep toe shoe began copying designs + painting soles red

i have louboutins. :) well... mum does lol. if they weren't 15cm i'd wear them all the fucking time, but i don't want to look like a 2m giant

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
fuck you alyssar.

you have EVERYTHING.

and i noticed that peep toe shoes had red soles.
i dont know, i think it's alright. there'll always be a market for louboutins, just like other high end designers. its not like he's eating out of a garbage can.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
yeah, they are not exactly targeting the same markets. that's just how fashion is.

HSC
exactly

most people who buy the ripoff shoes from idk, sportsgirl and fuck knows where else probably don't even realise that red soled shoes are christian louboutin's thing anyway

not that i would even consider dropping that much on a pair of shoes lol

girloflowers

HSC
hey guess what.
Louboutin was not the first person to do red soles.
i believe the original designer was something or other santana.
So get your panties out of that knot.
Louboutin isn't as original as you think.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
jennieTalia said:
I was seriously cut for him.
Best shoe designer... with Jimmy Choo and Blahnik.
blahnik is shit
overpriced and veryyyy boring shoes

jennieTalia

HSC
girloflowers said:
hey guess what.
Louboutin was not the first person to do red soles.
i believe the original designer was something or other santana.
So get your panties out of that knot.
Louboutin isn't as original as you think.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Louboutin's BLOOD RED is an enamel base.
Santana was an entirely different colour of red and material... :S And I'm pretty sure did other colours as well.

And, darling, my "panties" aren't in a knot.

jennieTalia

HSC
housah0lic said:
ok cbf reading cos everyone psoted long paragraphs

ppl have been copying him since he become popular
just as with every other designer

even peep toe shoe began copying designs + painting soles red

i have louboutins. :) well... mum does lol. if they weren't 15cm i'd wear them all the fucking time, but i don't want to look like a 2m giant
I want some :( Although, keeping up with car insurance and all, I don't really have about 700 bucks to spend on a pair of shoes. But one of these days :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)