Chinese Background or Japanese Beginners? 本人需要诸位网友的意见! (1 Viewer)

summerM

HSC
I'm now in year 10, selecting subjects for year 11.
I don't know should I take Chinese Background speakers or Japanese Beginners?

I came to Australia at the beginning of year 10......
I'd done chinese since year 1 to 9 at another country....but I heard people say that chinese background speakers scaling is not good.......

Which one should I take?
I hope someone can leave a comment here and give me some advice. thank-you. :D:tongue:

samthebear

HSC
unless you ace background chinese i suggest you do beginners japanese. cuz there're like a few thousand kids doing background chinese and the point of this is to beat as many people as possible in your chosen subject since the ATAR is based off how well you rank (ATAR is just a system of ranking) plus marks as well but generally, the more marks you can get the better your rank will be.

summerM

HSC
so, does this mean that taking japanese beginners will be better off than taking chinese BG?

lucia_lin0728

HSC
better to do japanese, it's very easy if u r chinese background since you can read chinese characters, japanese structure is a lot easier, well if you are really good at chinese 语文 you can do chinese background speaker, dont worry about the scaling, just do the subject you r good at it

liuque

HSC
wow soz. didn't read carefully...
if you're not good at writing, you better do japanese
for a band6 in chinese background, you should be able to write logically, using lots of facts/info to support your thesis, plus writing a sophisicate essay with well developed arguments..
so i would recommend you to do japanese :p

ps: chinese background does scale badly - if you don't have a raw mark >90 you are literally same as getting a 50 (*Hyperbole here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)