chemistry jobs? (1 Viewer)

lydiaodehh

HSC
i was just wondering what are really well high paying jobs that involve a lot of chemistry. i originally wanted to do chemical engineering but apparently it doesnt involve chemistry that much.

idkkdi

HSC
i was just wondering what are really well high paying jobs that involve a lot of chemistry. i originally wanted to do chemical engineering but apparently it doesnt involve chemistry that much.
In general, chemistry doesn't make much money. As a researcher you could be hitting six figures. The biggest bucks are probably in making perfumes lol. Pretty sure drug-makers are also chemists, stick with the legal kind. Both probably involves coming into contact with some really sketchy chemicals.

Safest route is research. But then again, that probably also involves coming into contact with sketchy chemicals ...

quickoats

HSC
Typical chemical engineering jobs involve quality assurance e.g. testing our water supplies, manufacturing/processing. If you want a role that involves more development and innovation, food science or pharmacology could be fields that you're interested in.

Sadly, there's probably not a job where you can balance chemical equations all day, just like there's no job where you can write history essays all day or solve math equations all day (I wish :( ). If you love high school chemistry, then maybe consider teaching (if you feel like that is your calling in life). The pay is pretty decent (though good teachers really deserve the world) and you get a platform to convey your passions to the next generation.

Not too sure about the pay of chem engos, foodsci or pharma, but everyone has the opportunity to be paid low/high depending on how hard they work - don't let that be the deciding factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)