Chemistry Guaranteed Questions. (1 Viewer)

Nezuko----

HSC
Hi,

Any predictions of specific recurring questions that are always in the Chem HSC exam, given the resources we have?

Kind regards,

C123456789L

HSC
Probs a 5 marker on a hard Mod 5 Keq manipulation (bcos istg elton is houdini), 7 marker on spec although if they're feeling funky it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 4 to 5 marker on one of the actual processes rather than just determining a compound, Mod 5 Cycad Q although it's a bit free so not too confident abt that one, boiling point or solubility q with a graph, flow chart type mod 7 q and a really shit content heavy q (e.g. history of acids compare q 6 marks) although that'd be a bit mean.

Nezuko----

HSC
Also, to note. They are transitioning into a more "quantitative" exam, but we shouldn't neglect arrhenius theory, B-L and such.

dm987

HSC
What I believe there may be another harder titration question and some ion separation questions

dm987

HSC
Yeh your right. They could ask a 6+ marker on like Haber process and like we needa provide the optimise temp/pressure + catalyst with reference to yield and reaction rate.

shadowlike04

HSC
Sketch a titration curve with full calculations of initial ph/equivalence point ph/final ph, keq calculation with PV=nrt, dissolution theory + solubility, neutralization calc w/ acid & base densities + accounting for initial and final energy releases, aromatic spectroscopy, harder rxn pathways

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Sketch a titration curve with full calculations of initial ph/equivalence point ph/final ph, keq calculation with PV=nrt, dissolution theory + solubility, neutralization calc w/ acid & base densities + accounting for initial and final energy releases, aromatic spectroscopy, harder rxn pathways
yh I reckon this one, since they haven't really asked titration or conductometry curves in section 2...

maths4dayz

HSC
My chemistry teacher is a senior marker; he predicts that they're likely to put in a high mark question for the last few dot points in Mod 8. That could either be the common ion effect or complexation reactions. It's also likely there'll be a higher mark question focusing on properties of polymers based on IMFs and branching. Definitely one for mass and UV spec with NMR in identifying a chemical as there's been one every year and the markers comments showed people didn't do super well in them.

In regards to the Haber process, they're unlikely to test our specific knowledge as it's not included as a dot point. We have to study at least two chemical synthesis reactions but can't be expected to know one specifically. Therefore, the chemical synthesis questions will be more about problem solving using Le Chatelier etc. than being able to memorise information; although I would recommend having a good idea of catalysts and conditions.

C123456789L

HSC
My chemistry teacher is a senior marker; he predicts that they're likely to put in a high mark question for the last few dot points in Mod 8. That could either be the common ion effect or complexation reactions. It's also likely there'll be a higher mark question focusing on properties of polymers based on IMFs and branching. Definitely one for mass and UV spec with NMR in identifying a chemical as there's been one every year and the markers comments showed people didn't do super well in them.

In regards to the Haber process, they're unlikely to test our specific knowledge as it's not included as a dot point. We have to study at least two chemical synthesis reactions but can't be expected to know one specifically. Therefore, the chemical synthesis questions will be more about problem solving using Le Chatelier etc. than being able to memorise information; although I would recommend having a good idea of catalysts and conditions.
God if ur right abt the Module 8 stuff it's gonna be a yawn of a test that ends with my hand hurting and 3 trees dying lmao

tonys88

HSC
can you find any questions for these topics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)