chances at mid-high band 5 for eng adv? (1 Viewer)

mxhelle

HSC
sooo was doing alright for english adv until i got my creative back and got slapped with 50% lol, worth 20% weighing.
i was ranked 24/67 before and my school is ranked in the 70s but now im just a a mark behind average (did decent in my essay which was worth the same weighing).
for reference i got 70% for my essay, which is pretty good for our cohort
i'd say im consistent with essays, so what do yall reckon my chances are at cracking mid band 5?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You definitely still have a chance of reaching a band 5 (mid band 5 might be a little harder to reach but definitely possible in my opinion). Remember that you still have your trial exam left, as well as your HSC exam (which alone contributes 50% of your final HSC mark). Both of these exams are very good opportunities for you to receive higher marks. Performing well in your trial exam will allow you to improve your rank, resulting in a good final rank, which boosts your chances of getting a mid band 5.

After your trial exam, your focus will shift to the HSC exam. This is your biggest opportunity to get a final HSC mark in the mid band 5 region. Having said that, it's good that you're consistent with essays as that will be a main component of the trial exam and the HSC exam.

Your only goal beyond this point should be to improve. You should regularly seek feedback on your essays from your teacher and implement any suggestions so you can improve the quality of your essays.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)