cloud_berry

HSC
Here are my internal rankings so far:
Biology: 13/48
English standard: 5/97
Geography: 2/8
Maths standard: 27/67 (oh no)
Visual arts: 7/21

FYI- They might be different at the moment since these don’t include the last assessment tasks for biology and art but i did quite well on those so i’m not too worried.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks in English Standard, Geography and Visual Arts are surely good enough for an 80+ ATAR. While I do believe your rank in Biology would also be good enough for 80+ ATAR, Mathematics Standard seems like the only concerning subject. You should definitely focus on achieving higher marks, mainly in Mathematics Standard but also Biology (if possible). This is because you're doing 10 units, meaning all your subjects will count towards your ATAR. Performing well in Mathematics Standard and Biology will allow you to improve your ranks in those 2 subjects, allowing you to receive better final ranks eventually. Achieving good final ranks will put you in a favourable position as you approach your HSC exams, where your remaining job would be to ensure you perform to the best of your abilities, which will ultimately allow you to secure your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

cloud_berry

HSC
Your ranks in English Standard, Geography and Visual Arts are surely good enough for an 80+ ATAR. While I do believe your rank in Biology would also be good enough for 80+ ATAR, Mathematics Standard seems like the only concerning subject. You should definitely focus on achieving higher marks, mainly in Mathematics Standard but also Biology (if possible). This is because you're doing 10 units, meaning all your subjects will count towards your ATAR. Performing well in Mathematics Standard and Biology will allow you to improve your ranks in those 2 subjects, allowing you to receive better final ranks eventually. Achieving good final ranks will put you in a favourable position as you approach your HSC exams, where your remaining job would be to ensure you perform to the best of your abilities, which will ultimately allow you to secure your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
Ohh ok i see, thank you :) And yes maths is definitely my weak point lol, i used to be quite good at biology at my old school but unfortunately we have a shit teacher at this school so i probably have to put in a fair amount of effort. i’m hoping my last assessment bumped up my ranks a bit at least.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh ok i see, thank you :) And yes maths is definitely my weak point lol, i used to be quite good at biology at my old school but unfortunately we have a shit teacher at this school so i probably have to put in a fair amount of effort. i’m hoping my last assessment bumped up my ranks a bit at least.
No worries! Yeah it's definitely not easy having to deal with a bad teacher but I'm sure with a bit of extra effort you'll be able to achieve your goal! There are also several people on here who can help you with Biology so that's a good thing too! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)