Can I get the 95? (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Yo, I just got my ranks back and they're a bit off to my liking

Business (21/68), I have no idea how. I didn't do too great in both assessments but I'm trying to improve

English Standard (6/126). I'm chilling. I fullmarked my 1st assessment task but didn't do as I wanted in the second, dropping my rank from 1st to 6th.

History Extention (5/7). I lost marks in part of my major work as my question needed refining

Maths Adv (45/130). Im a little surprised, as I expected a top 20 rank, which hasn't worked. I got somewhere in the middle for AT1, while scored towards the top in the second test (Average was bad, I did pretty decently)

Modern (5/37). I did pretty meh in my first task, but almost got the band 6 in AT2

Physics (21/48). Despite this being my favourite subject, my rank isn't the best. I had a complete shocker in AT1 (test) (barely passed) but got 84% in AT2 (prac test)

I go to a school ranked in the top 100.

Lmk if 95 ATAR is possible

thx

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks for English Standard and Modern History are pretty good.

I got a very similar 2U final rank to yours back when I did my HSC (36/146) and ended up with a 92 ATAR. Since you're doing 11 units, one unit will not count, and that could work to your advantage (e.g. considering your History Extension rank).

You're sitting in the top 30% for Business Studies. While improvement would surely be beneficial in business, I think you should focus more on Physics as your rank is in the middle area - study regularly and perform well in your upcoming assessments and trials to have a higher chance of improving your ranks.

Conclusion: a 95 ATAR is possible, provided you maintain your English and Modern ranks and do your best to improve your other ranks in your remaining assessments as well as your trial exams.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yo, I just got my ranks back and they're a bit off to my liking

Business (21/68), I have no idea how. I didn't do too great in both assessments but I'm trying to improve

English Standard (6/126). I'm chilling. I fullmarked my 1st assessment task but didn't do as I wanted in the second, dropping my rank from 1st to 6th.

History Extention (5/7). I lost marks in part of my major work as my question needed refining

Maths Adv (45/130). Im a little surprised, as I expected a top 20 rank, which hasn't worked. I got somewhere in the middle for AT1, while scored towards the top in the second test (Average was bad, I did pretty decently)

Modern (5/37). I did pretty meh in my first task, but almost got the band 6 in AT2

Physics (21/48). Despite this being my favourite subject, my rank isn't the best. I had a complete shocker in AT1 (test) (barely passed) but got 84% in AT2 (prac test)

I go to a school ranked in the top 100.

Lmk if 95 ATAR is possible

thx
Oh yeah you’re that beast on discord saying they got 20/20 for English (huge envy btw), easy clap 95.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Your ranks for English Standard and Modern History are pretty good.

I got a very similar 2U final rank to yours back when I did my HSC (36/146) and ended up with a 92 ATAR. Since you're doing 11 units, one unit will not count, and that could work to your advantage (e.g. considering your History Extension rank).

You're sitting in the top 30% for Business Studies. While improvement would surely be beneficial in business, I think you should focus more on Physics as your rank is in the middle area - study regularly and perform well in your upcoming assessments and trials to have a higher chance of improving your ranks.

Conclusion: a 95 ATAR is possible, provided you maintain your English and Modern ranks and do your best to improve your other ranks in your remaining assessments as well as your trial exams.
Hey man cheers for your tips

but how should I improve my maths? Its one of my strongest subjects but get hella frustrated after every exam saying 'ohh i could have done this easily'. It really pisses me off as I'm practically at the same calibre as the people in the top 20 (like I know I can match or even better them).

Also, you got any tips for improving in business?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

but how should I improve my maths? Its one of my strongest subjects but get hella frustrated after every exam saying 'ohh i could have done this easily'. It really pisses me off as I'm practically at the same calibre as the people in the top 20 (like I know I can match or even better them).

No worries.

For maths, the only way to improve is to practise more questions. Once you're familiar with the content and know all the formulas etc., you should complete relevant questions, from your textbook as well as from other schools' papers (particularly for trials and the HSC exam). The more questions you complete, the more tiny mistakes you'll be able to spot, which gives you the ability to work on improving in those particular areas. The more prepared you are the less likely you will be to make silly mistakes and/or struggle with a particular question you later find out you could've done easily.

For Business Studies, knowledge of the content is crucial. You'll need that knowledge for your remaining task, the trial exam as well as the HSC exam. For your remaining assessment, make sure to ask questions whenever you feel like there's something you don't understand/are struggling with. Make sure you have a thorough knowledge of every single syllabus dot point as well as your case studies. Once that's done, it becomes a matter of being able to write good responses within the given time. Make sure your long responses (reports, extended responses) are structured well as good structures allow you to list and justify your points more clearly. Of course, another way to improve would be to complete relevant questions, whether it be from your school's own papers or other schools'. This allows you to apply your knowledge to actual exam questions and is useful for multiple choice and short answer questions. Finally, you can request feedback and apply given suggestions so you can improve the quality of your responses.

I hope this helps :D

stressedadfff

HSC

i hate that feeling 😣

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)