Can anyone help with my discursive essay? (1 Viewer)

Kurrison

HSC
Hey guys,
I swore to god, this is my fourth draft and I am very struggling with understand what the heck to create an essay looks discursive. Can anyone please help with me with it?

-_-

idkkdi

HSC
Hey guys,
I swore to god, this is my fourth draft and I am very struggling with understand what the heck to create an essay looks discursive. Can anyone please help with me with it?

-_-
a discursive text is anecdotal lol.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Solid guide attached. See examples on p.12 (obviously beyond HSC standard but you'll get the gist of it).
Remember, discursive writing is of limited congruence to essay writing. It is an anecdote; a discussion, not the quote | technique | analysis style.
Always good to tie in contemporary relevance & your personal experiences to make your anecdote more engaging & conversational.

Attachments

mikrokosmos

HSC
Solid guide attached. See examples on p.12 (obviously beyond HSC standard but you'll get the gist of it).
Remember, discursive writing is of limited congruence to essay writing. It is an anecdote; a discussion, not the quote | technique | analysis style.
Always good to tie in contemporary relevance & your personal experiences to make your anecdote more engaging & conversational.
omg yes thats my favourite one!!

so pretty much you would start off anecdotally, and your paragraphs would each provide alternate stances and then conclude tentatively i.e. no solid ending. this contrasts from an essay which would require you to only argue your stance and have a firm ending. good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)