CADETSHIPS 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipop94

HSC
I am really hoping to speak to a current cadet in melbourne who can give me insight into university choices? I achieved an ATAR of 98 and am struggling to decide which course to do, considering I will be doing a Cadetship. anyone?

karenpvs

HSC
Just wondering, I was offered the Business Dean's Scholarship and also BACC, I'm considering which to take currently =/
I was also offered a cadetship with Grant Thornton, however they contacted a while back saying the cadet program for 2013 was shifted until 2014 and that a study grant would be given with actual work commencing in 2014.
So my two main options are the business dean's scholarship with a possible add on of the GT cadetship
or BACC.
I'm currently leaning more towards BACC, because I like how it offers 2 6month periods of work experience whilst also allowing you to travel overseas for 6 months as part of your degree and also allows you to finish a 3 year degree within a 2 year accelerated span. Offers haven't been confirmed and I am currently on the reserve list, but I've been hinted that I should have an offer, my main consideration is also that the scholarship requires me to maintain distinction averages which I personally have heard to be quite difficult, could anyone please let me know more about the merits of the business dean's scholarship, to me it just seems like a prestigious name, there isn't much practical value to it from what I've extrapolated =/

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering, I was offered the Business Dean's Scholarship and also BACC, I'm considering which to take currently =/
I was also offered a cadetship with Grant Thornton, however they contacted a while back saying the cadet program for 2013 was shifted until 2014 and that a study grant would be given with actual work commencing in 2014.
So my two main options are the business dean's scholarship with a possible add on of the GT cadetship
or BACC.
I'm currently leaning more towards BACC, because I like how it offers 2 6month periods of work experience whilst also allowing you to travel overseas for 6 months as part of your degree and also allows you to finish a 3 year degree within a 2 year accelerated span. Offers haven't been confirmed and I am currently on the reserve list, but I've been hinted that I should have an offer, my main consideration is also that the scholarship requires me to maintain distinction averages which I personally have heard to be quite difficult, could anyone please let me know more about the merits of the business dean's scholarship, to me it just seems like a prestigious name, there isn't much practical value to it from what I've extrapolated =/
What do you actually get out of the business dean's scholarship?

IMO I would take BAcc over mid-tier firm cadetship for both the name/prestige and the value of the different placements/internships... unless you really want to work at GT.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I am really hoping to speak to a current cadet in melbourne who can give me insight into university choices? I achieved an ATAR of 98 and am struggling to decide which course to do, considering I will be doing a Cadetship. anyone?
Sorry can't help much as I'm not from Melb. Dont know if there are many cadets here from there but with an ATAR of 98, I doubt you would struggle to get into the Business/Commerce/Accounting degree of your choice.

Jinks

HSC
Should we consider renaming this "CADETSHIPS 2013 Discussion Thread" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)