Business Studies Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ooh yes, Business Studies... Smell of success! This one's my favourite! :D

Best of luck to Business Studies students!

Feel free to use the Business Studies Marathon thread for quick knowledge checks:

uniqueusername1

HSC
Ooh yes, Business Studies... Smell of success! This one's my favourite! :D

Best of luck to Business Studies students!

Feel free to use the Business Studies Marathon thread for quick knowledge checks:

Too add to this:

Look at Jimmy's case study qs booklet

if you can write plans on most of them i think you should be ready

Wizjaro

HSC
Does anyone plan on writing their execute summary last? or nah? By that I mean like leaving the first page blank and then coming back to it after you've finished the report.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

juliastiles

HSC

hatterene

HSC
i feel like i finished studying but memorising my case studies is tripping me :(

laterz laterz

HSC
finna throw this exam like every other one, esp because this is the last one before im finished with the hsc
LMFAO same this is my last exam as well. I am excited about finishing exams early but Ik Imma depressed when I come back home and have nothing to do

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
jimmy, what sections did you start first? also do you have memorisation tips <3
I started the exam in the normal order, as follows:
  1. Section I
  2. Section II
  3. Section III
  4. Section IV
While I followed the normal order, I did initially skip a few questions. For instance, I skipped multiple-choice questions for which I couldn't immediately think of a suitable answer. Additionally, I skipped short answer questions to which I had ideas but required more time to respond to them in an effective manner. This enabled me to reach and subsequently complete the report and essay sections in a timely manner, allowing me to come back to and answer the multiple-choice and short answer questions that I had originally skipped.

In terms of memorisation, this is a process that should be implemented throughout year 12 (as opposed to the few weeks before the HSC exam period) because it maximises your familiarity with and your ability to retain the content. Essentially, having a good understanding of a particular concept can make remembering it much easier - thorough understanding of the content is essential and is something you should consider as it can greatly assist you in retaining information, as opposed to solely attempting to memorise content without first understanding it. In order to enhance your ability to retain content in a short period of time, you should use the syllabus document for Business Studies, a set of short/summary notes in addition to your case study material. This will result in a comprehensive knowledge of all elements required, should you wish to perform favourably in the exam.

I hope this helps! :D

Jerryclover

HSC
I started the exam in the normal order, as follows:
  1. Section I
  2. Section II
  3. Section III
  4. Section IV
While I followed the normal order, I did initially skip a few questions. For instance, I skipped multiple-choice questions for which I couldn't immediately think of a suitable answer. Additionally, I skipped short answer questions to which I had ideas but required more time to respond to them in an effective manner. This enabled me to reach and subsequently complete the report and essay sections in a timely manner, allowing me to come back to and answer the multiple-choice and short answer questions that I had originally skipped.

In terms of memorisation, this is a process that should be implemented throughout year 12 (as opposed to the few weeks before the HSC exam period) because it maximises your familiarity with and your ability to retain the content. Essentially, having a good understanding of a particular concept can make remembering it much easier - thorough understanding of the content is essential and is something you should consider as it can greatly assist you in retaining information, as opposed to solely attempting to memorise content without first understanding it. In order to enhance your ability to retain content in a short period of time, you should use the syllabus document for Business Studies, a set of short/summary notes in addition to your case study material. This will result in a comprehensive knowledge of all elements required, should you wish to perform favourably in the exam.

I hope this helps! :D
Do you think it's necessary to remember exact, text book definitions for certain terms in business? Or is it better to have a solid understanding and describe the terms in your own words. I understand all the concepts in business but sometimes have trouble wording it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think it's necessary to remember exact, text book definitions for certain terms in business? Or is it better to have a solid understanding and describe the terms in your own words. I understand all the concepts in business but sometimes have trouble wording it.
The purpose of a definition is to inform the reader/marker of what a particular concept means and the same definition may be expressed in different ways. With that being said, I think that thorough knowledge and understanding of the Business Studies content (which you have) should result in an increased ability to correctly define a particular concept in your own words.

Alternatively, should you feel that you may struggle with defining a particular term in your own words, or should you fear that a definition that you have written for a particular term in your own words may not describe the term at the accuracy that you're seeking, it would be a good idea to resort to a textbook definition for that specific term as this would avoid/prevent any risk arising from the potential struggle/uncertainty associated with defining terms in your own words.

Jerryclover

HSC
The purpose of a definition is to inform the reader/marker of what a particular concept means and the same definition may be expressed in different ways. With that being said, I think that thorough knowledge and understanding of the Business Studies content (which you have) should result in an increased ability to correctly define a particular concept in your own words.

Alternatively, should you feel that you may struggle with defining a particular term in your own words, or should you fear that a definition that you have written for a particular term in your own words may not describe the term at the accuracy that you're seeking, it would be a good idea to resort to a textbook definition for that specific term as this would avoid/prevent any risk arising from the potential struggle/uncertainty associated with defining terms in your own words.
Thats reassuring, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)