Business Studies HSC Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

S&CAT4life

HSC
I guess section IV options will be operations and finance...with a similar layout to the 2015 HSC paper. What does everyone else think?
I agree. There will definitely be operations as part of the essay. Does anyone have predictions on what the report will be on??

athensuwu

HSC
I also think it will include operations, just because it's been two years since it's been tested (section four), but you never know. My other pick would either be finance and marketing at a percentage of likeliness of 60% to 40%.

NOTE: It's also all speculation and please do not study based on my predictions, just make sure you know your content and you'll be okay
- Current HSC student lol

user1818

HSC
Amazing exam. Good short answer, easiest multiple choice and great essay and report questions. How did you guys find it?
agreed just hoping nesa doesn't look into my bs with the case study stats

brazil4321

HSC
agreed just hoping nesa doesn't look into my bs with the case study stats
what did u guys put for the multiple-choice question about outsourcing? (like the 3 business functions that'll be impacted by it)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
what did u guys put for the multiple-choice question about outsourcing? (like the 3 business functions that'll be impacted by it)
Question 19:

A large cake business is going to offer a contract to another business to make their cake decorations.

Which business functions would provide input into the contract details?

A. Finance, operations and marketing
B. Finance, marketing and human resources
C. Operations, human resources and finance
D. Operations, marketing and human resources

Simple reasoning involves the fact that there is not much relevance to the marketing function in terms of providing input into the details of an outsourcing contract, whereas you could argue reasons for the other three business functions.

Also congratulations to everyone on finishing Business Studies! What a milestone this is! :D🥳

Flise

HSC
Q15. Heidi has a small farm that has a variety of animals, including chickens. She would like to sell the excess eggs to customers. Which distribution method would best support her situation?

a) Producer -> consumer
b) Producer -> retailer -> consumer
c) Producer -> wholesaler -> consumer
d) Producer -> agent -> retailer -> consumer

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Q15. Heidi has a small farm that has a variety of animals, including chickens. She would like to sell the excess eggs to customers. Which distribution method would best support her situation?

a) Producer -> consumer
b) Producer -> retailer -> consumer
c) Producer -> wholesaler -> consumer
d) Producer -> agent -> retailer -> consumer
The key words in this question are "excess" and "customers". What this means is that Heidi has already sold her intended number of eggs through whichever distribution channel would have been appropriate. Selling the excess eggs implies that she will not follow a sophisticated distribution channel as she would have at the time of the initial sale. This means that the producer (Heidi's small farm) will sell excess eggs directly to consumers, which is consistent with A.

hogrider5643

HSC
what did u guys get for question 11?
Which of the following is correct for the growth phase of the product life cycle
ProductionPrice
A. DecreasedMaintained
B. MaintainedIncreased
C. IncreasedIncreased
D. IncreasedMaintained

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised I forgot to put a title for my business report 🤦‍♂️

How many marks would I lose for that? @jimmysmith560
I would probably not worry too much about this. The marking criteria for Section III questions typically includes elements other than things like report cohesiveness, i.e. elements related to the actual content of the report, which constitutes the majority of what is being assessed.

I think that there could be a 1-mark deduction. Any deductions of more than 1 mark would be highly unlikely. However, provided that your response is of good quality (i.e. you have effectively addressed all questions), you will most likely still receive a good mark. :)

tbrooke18

HSC
i would've preferred finance to be one of the essay options as it's probably been my weakest topic but overall i think i wrote about global financial management well enough that i'll be alright.

super glad that it's all over for me now though!! now it's just time to wait.

cstott10

HSC
i would've preferred finance to be one of the essay options as it's probably been my weakest topic but overall i think i wrote about global financial management well enough that i'll be alright.

super glad that it's all over for me now though!! now it's just time to wait.
what did you talk about for finance, i only did interest rates and appreciation/ depreciation. damn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)