Business Studies Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Wintz

HSC
nah its sociocultural because economic influences is: effects of the wider economic climate. And it only specifies what demographic (low income earner) he is in, doesn't reference the state of the economic climate. For all we know in this situation the world could be in the biggest booms, however this guy still has a low income and hence buys his clothes from a discount store

jus my two cents (for question 7)

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
nah its sociocultural because economic influences is: effects of the wider economic climate. And it only specifies what demographic (low income earner) he is in, doesn't reference the state of the economic climate. For all we know in this situation the world could be in the biggest booms, however this guy still has a low income and hence buys his clothes from a discount store

jus my two cents (for question 7)
Half textbooks say one way, half say the other, I wouldn't be surprised if they accepted both answers.

sourmilk

HSC
Easiest Paper Ever. Confident I got atleast a Band 5 or 6.

I was surprised there was limitations in there so luckily I crammed the finance right before the exam. I was hoping for a marketing question for report :(

However I reckon I stuffed up the final 6 marker though. A lot of people said they discussed about cost-quality interactions, while I talked about cost-based competition. All in all, good exam.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Easiest Paper Ever. Confident I got atleast a Band 5 or 6.

I was surprised there was limitations in there so luckily I crammed the finance right before the exam. I was hoping for a marketing question for report :(

However I reckon I stuffed up the final 6 marker though. A lot of people said they discussed about cost-quality interactions, while I talked about cost-based competition. All in all, good exam.
WOOO nice work ♥♥♥

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
it can happen :sun:
Definitely sociocultural... literally the textbook includes someone's income as part of their social cultural environment. As someone being poor isnt really because of a change in monetary or fiscal policy or recession etc, its not economic.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Definitely sociocultural... literally the textbook includes someone's income as part of their social cultural environment. As someone being poor isnt really because of a change in monetary or fiscal policy or recession etc, its not economic.
Yeh but the cambridge textbook says socioeconomic status and income levels is under economic, you could argue either way.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Yeh but the cambridge textbook says socioeconomic status and income levels is under economic, you could argue either way.
Interesting, I have Business Studies in Action

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I can understand where you are coming from, but I think sociocultural is more right, which is I suppose what hard multiple choice questions are about

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Yeah haha i have both textbooks, when I went home i literally slammed my head against the wall cause both textbooks were contradictory XD

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Only questions I got wrong in MC were the two legislation questions ergggh. So sad cause I do legal and I'm quite good at it.

chiefpasco

HSC
I stopped using the Business Studies in Action textbook half way through the year because it wasn't as in-depth, or consistent as the Cambridge one. But having done loads of past papers, including trials, they have accepted two right answers before. I still think it's economic, teacher agrees, state ranker agrees - but we will wait and see ay.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)