Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

thenotorious_ky

HSC
Is bridging courses particularly useful? If so, which uni's bridging courses is best? I enrol in engineering but i didnt take any maths extension and physics, but instead i did bio, chem and 2u maths.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'd recommend one for 3U maths, physics is probably not as important however. I'm not sure what they do at Usyd, but at UTS there was a maths diagnostic test and if your maths wasn't up to scratch you would have to take a lower level of maths in your first semester as an elective.

It's probably best to go to the bridging course for the uni you've enrolled in, the material will likely be tailored towards the subjects you will taking in first year, and it gives you an opportunity to meet people you will be studying with.

There might be a minimal difference in cost, but I don't think it will be a big deal (e.g. back in 2012, I think UNSW charged around $200 while UTS had free bridging courses for incoming students)

thenotorious_ky

HSC
I'd recommend one for 3U maths, physics is probably not as important however. I'm not sure what they do at Usyd, but at UTS there was a maths diagnostic test and if your maths wasn't up to scratch you would have to take a lower level of maths in your first semester as an elective.

It's probably best to go to the bridging course for the uni you've enrolled in, the material will likely be tailored towards the subjects you will taking in first year, and it gives you an opportunity to meet people you will be studying with.

There might be a minimal difference in cost, but I don't think it will be a big deal (e.g. back in 2012, I think UNSW charged around $200 while UTS had free bridging courses for incoming students)
when does the maths diagnostic test usually held?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
when does the maths diagnostic test usually held?
There's more details here: https://www.uts.edu.au/current-stud...ulty-engineering-and-it/getting-started/maths

It only became a compulsory/official thing recently, so I didn't have to do it myself. It sounds like it's offered at the start of the semester/right before the semester starts however, they would definitely accomodate for students doing the bridging courses or self study over the same period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)