BOS investigating Q8. (1 Viewer)

ReneeApple

HSC
Re: extra marks!!

That pisses me off so much. I only picked B cells because I thought that the board was trying to be tricky by putting cytotoxic and killer in. Ugh, that leaves my m/c at only 16 :(

Disappointment: overflow

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

That puts me up to 19/20. I'm less disappoint. :)

HSC

I circled D then crossed out and put B, so i practically would of had it correct either way :) There is only one mc im not sure about but hopefully i will get 20/20

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I circled D then crossed out and put B, so i practically would of had it correct either way :) There is only one mc im not sure about but hopefully i will get 20/20
Which one?

mccaughan

HSC

That pisses me off so much. I only picked B cells because I thought that the board was trying to be tricky by putting cytotoxic and killer in. Ugh, that leaves my m/c at only 16 :(

Yes same! This is bullshit, they should just disregard the question all together. I thought both those answers were the same thing, therefore they couldn't both be right, therefore they had to be wrong, so I picked B-Cells instead. They should just give everyone the mark.

m-swan

HSC
Uni Grad

that pisses me off so much. I only picked b cells because i thought that the board was trying to be tricky by putting cytotoxic and killer in. Ugh, that leaves my m/c at only 16 :(

disappointment: Overflow
same! -.-

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

It was Q3, i answered with B
Q3 is B.

Yes same! This is bullshit, they should just disregard the question all together. I thought both those answers were the same thing, therefore they couldn't both be right, therefore they had to be wrong, so I picked B-Cells instead. They should just give everyone the mark.
If you actually knew your content you wouldn't have been put off. They accept two answers in multiple choice almost every year and that doesn't put people off because they choose the most correct answer regardless of the other answers.

2011_

HSC

But it's not confirmed that both were correct yet is it? Aren't they still investigating?

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad

But it's not confirmed that both were correct yet is it? Aren't they still investigating?
I think BOS will publish the results of the investigation... I have a feeling that the people will be pompous and have some in depth scientific reasoning beyond our understanding as to why cytotoxic is the more correct answer..

Tavin

HSC

Natural Killer T Cells attack cancerous and malformed cells within your own body. They're very specialized.

However it simply said Killer T Cells, which is the same as Cytotoxic T Cells.

Personally, I'm pissed because the result of having both answers there made me think that neither could be right, despite my leanings. I went with B cells, I was unsure of wtf BOS was doing.

I think I might write to them. If the question was incorrect, it should be thrown out. (but I doubt I'll have any affect.)

dannielle_93

HSC

I did the same because i didnt think they would be so stupid and put the same thing in there :(

dannielle_93

HSC

Natural Killer T Cells attack cancerous and malformed cells within your own body. They're very specialized.

However it simply said Killer T Cells, which is the same as Cytotoxic T Cells.

Personally, I'm pissed because the result of having both answers there made me think that neither could be right, despite my leanings. I went with B cells, I was unsure of wtf BOS was doing.

I think I might write to them. If the question was incorrect, it should be thrown out. (but I doubt I'll have any affect.)

im sure theres a lot of people who did the same thing as you, (me being one) so if you find heaps of people to write in it may work :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

This is quite hilarious when BOS stuffs things up. I'm sure they'll just award both questions the one mark.

lruby

HSC
N/A

My teacher told us that calling a cytotoxic cell a killer cell was the same as calling an endotherm warm blooded. I saw it as the more correct answer than killer. Was anyone taught differently?

ReneeApple

HSC

How do you write to them? I know it's probably a waste of time but I want to do it too. I would have put cytotoxic or killer with confidence if we were only offered one or the other. I know my multiple choice was still pretty weak, (I completely forgot what substance binds to proteins, my mind jumbles numbers around so I couldn't remember the size differences between the pathogens, and I'm just assuming that my answer of C in question 20 is wrong). Those I will take the blame for. But this is one mark that I would have definitely received if they hadn't stuffed up.

ReneeApple

HSC

My teacher told us that calling a cytotoxic cell a killer cell was the same as calling an endotherm warm blooded. I saw it as the more correct answer than killer. Was anyone taught differently?

I was always told killer was just a kind of colloquial way of saying cytotoxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)