BOS app -- is this a thing? should this be a thing? (1 Viewer)

tbrooke18

HSC
Not sure if this has been suggested (or even is a reality and I've just somehow missed it), but an app for Bored of Studies would be great.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if this has been suggested (or even is a reality and I've just somehow missed it), but an app for Bored of Studies would be great.
Good idea but application wise might be a little difficult to develop. I don't see why using BOS on chrome is any different.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
There is no app but this has been suggested in the past. I think the main reason against it is that the current format for the forum already works well on the phone, so the purpose of the app is already fulfilled by this

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
There is no app but this has been suggested in the past. I think the main reason against it is that the current format for the forum already works well on the phone, so the purpose of the app is already fulfilled by this
Basically this. Pre-2019 the forum and website weren't very good on mobile devices, but everything now works well on phones. On Android devices you can also get push notifications from the BOS website.

What would you expect to be different in an app than is on the current website?

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys could even get double the amount of streaming in funds from ad revenue related to studying. (I wouldn't want ads on clash of clans or something)
And to get an almost garanteed donation, you can have a subscription for an ad-free variet of the application, for something like $1 a month. $1 x 6000 students, every month, for every year.
That sounds pretty good to me.
However, if you want more people considering the app over the free and easily accessible web version, you have to add some more perks to the app version exclusively so it could be more enticing. (This part is up to you and suggestions taken from the website users). I would suggest a ranking leaderboard system. You already have one for 'the most commented, most liked, most files', but one with 'top 100 influential' would definitely be great. It would be hard to make leaders over messages, but if you guys manage to find a way to represent that on a leaderboard, that would be AWESOME!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)